Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 1996 Polaris Indy 440 Sport, and it doesnt have a pipe that connects to a can, its all one unit. I was wondering, if i could cut a hole in the side of the pipe and cut some of the baffle out, to make it louder, i want to keep some in there to lmit the sound, but i want my sled a little louder than it is., and then weld the piece back on?
Its like the one in the attached picture
Now would it be safe to do that, or would it harm the engine?
Please help! winter is coming shortly!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
live with it or get a newer sled

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
live with it or get a newer sled[/b]
Well, i have a 2002 Polaris Indy 340 Which is my fathers, and it has the same pipe set-up, so getting a new sled accomplishes nothing, You don't know what your talking about.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well, i have a 2002 Polaris Indy 340 Which is my fathers, and it has the same pipe set-up, so getting a new sled accomplishes nothing, You don't know what your talking about.[/b]
I see you are new here. So maybe you should respect the advice youre given. Freeze is right, get a (better) newer sled. Probably somerthing other than a fan if you want aftermarket cans available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you are new here. So maybe you should respect the advice youre given. Freeze is right, get a (better) newer sled. Probably somerthing other than a fan if you want aftermarket cans available.[/b]
I do respect the advice, he was just being cocky about it, im sorry im not spoled and only 15 years old to buy my own sled.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I do respect the advice, he was just being cocky about it, im sorry im not spoled and only 15 years old to buy my own sled.[/b]
Well Im only 19 and I started buying sleds when I was 15-16. Infact I had an old 340 sport. But the point is ride it like it is, save money and buy something that deserves to sound good. All newer sleds are two piece exhausts. Even my old 96 XCR is a two piece exhaust. Picked that up for $800.

Anyways if you really want a loud 440 fan then yes you can take out baffles. Will anyone on this site reccomend it? No.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
were just trying to give good advice. no flaming going on. i think freeze was blunt but your not the first to ask a loud pipe question. if you want to spruce your sled up and get some attention put some cool graphics or neons on it. no noise and improved visibility. mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
were just trying to give good advice. no flaming going on. i think freeze was blunt but your not the first to ask a loud pipe question. if you want to spruce your sled up and get some attention put some cool graphics or neons on it. no noise and improved visibility. mike[/b]

Yeah, i appreciate all that you guys are doing, im going to wait, and if i find a pipe at a good price, and its a good deal then ill pick it up, but where can i pick up some neons? it sounds cool, but my sled does not have a battery so could i still hook them up?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, i appreciate all that you guys are doing, im going to wait, and if i find a pipe at a good price, and its a good deal then ill pick it up, but where can i pick up some neons? it sounds cool, but my sled does not have a battery so could i still hook them up?
Thanks!![/b]
Also. my father just bought a 2006 Polaris Indy 340 2-up edge touring, and it has the same exhaust set up. another good feature is the electronic reverse!
Well I talked to a friend who gave me a site To AAEN exhaust systems! And they have got them for 440 fans! so im going to invest 400 for it, If i want performance, im going to pay a pretty penny!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
if its electric start just hook to the battery, if not you need a rectifier available at radioshack for $4. the wiring directions are on the package. its about 1" square and has 4 prongs on the bottom. mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts