Snowmobile World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 ski-doo summit 800 and I want to put an after market pipe and silencer on my sled. So many companies/opinions. I want less weight/more hp/easy upgrade/decent price.I am not to mechanicaly inclined,so I would want something that required no/minimal engine mods. Easiest,best outcome. I can see how changing things can open up a whole more can of worms and more $$$. Is it possible to do this and what companies should I go to for it. Any info/advice would be great.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
changing the can will give you some weight savings. hp gains, some say yes, most say no. I am not familiar with the summit but most doo exhaust systems leave little on the table as far as hp gains. the pipes you will find may give you weight savings but may not be as forgiving to the tuning of the sled. IMHO when doing a pipe change on a doo ,without changing the port size/timing, your wasting your money. dynoport single may doo the trick of loosing weight and keeping the broadest power band. now do you ride pinned to the bars all day? or a mix on/off throttle?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i know dynoport, SLP, Aaen, and BMP all make really good pipes for the skidoo 800. something that may be a good investment is to just buy the whole SLP skidoo 800 performance kit. comes with all parts, instruction, and is easy to do. makes like 20 more HP then stock.

·
Registered
852 Posts
trust me, your gonna open up a can of worms if you put twin pipes on the twin and a single is a minimal improvement after tuning.. as far as a can its just gonna make noise. i think you see where i`m going...i`ve been at this a while, trust me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts