Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 indy storm 750 , My problem is my pipes are leaking at where they connect to the manifolds . I was wondering if I could use exaust sealer on them . I have seen some stuff by Permatex called muffler & tailpipe sealer and was wondering if it might work . Or could the stuff possibly get sucked into the engine some way ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Use a good quality extreme high temp silicone, this will help and will keep the joints from getting warn out as this will put a barrier between the metal parts wich can ware on each other. Also a bead of silicone on each of the springs will keep them from vibrating which will cause them to brake and fall off.   Run it the length of the spring and squish it into the coils.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't know if it was factory or part of the dealer set-up but my 97 Polaris had silicone in the muffler/manifold connection. I know it was well sealed as a new machine. I could hardly smell exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Loctite has a black silicone that works great. It is recommended by some pipe manufacturers. Make sure you get all the oil off before you use it. I use starting fluid and a rag. You may also need to use a wire brush.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I tried Ultra Copper...but it just cooked off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts