Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting an exhaust temp gauge on my 02 Renegade 700 and I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations or experiences that would assist with this decision.  The reason for the gauge is I just put a head on the sled, exhaust restrictor and will likely be putting Vforce reeds in it.  I have heard of some (read not all) people having trouble with this particular head so I want to be careful and create a baseline before I even consider jetting down from the 490s.

FYI, I was thinink of placing the gauge in the dash or mounting it above the dash if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the Avenger Racepak and love it. You can
read EGT's, water temp, and RPM's. If you get it
with the optional jack shaft RPM, you can monitor
your clutch ratio and see how efficient they are.
It also records information (not much) for speed
runs so you can optimize. Its pricey, but worth it
in my opinion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just bought a Pyro 2000 egt guage. All I wanted was a unit I could read in the night, backlit and digital with 2 choices of colors for the LED(red/amber). Its 2" diameter and fits in the pod for the fuel guage. I have a tach and water temp guage so exhaust temp was all I wanted. It was $500 cdn with 2 probes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I was thinking of either the Avenger i Racepak or the Pyro 2001 gauge because both can be fit in the dash in the space for either the temp or gas gauge.

Now I need to figure out who to purchase from or if I should wait until the Novi snow show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts