Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy this sport is getting rediculus! 13$ for a head light, 200$ for not even close to a top of the line helmet, 74 cents per liter for gas, and high oil prices.
Just thought i would post this to see how quick you can spend money and not even no it. It is rediculousLOL :blahblah: :cussing: :hallo1:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Lets see, that comes out to $1.79 a gal. US for gas. $.30 more than it is here. Are taxes that high, or are they screwing you with the metric system?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Don't feel so bad. Here in the good ole' US of A, I spent $1.85 per gallon for fuel during my Yellowstone trip last winter. Sled rental was $125 per day. Our sport just isn't a cheap one.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You want cheap take up walking.
While staying at a motel last winter and entertaining a bus driver for the evening, he asked how much my wife and I spend in a day while riding ( away from home ) . You know I hadn't thought about it but it adds up to nearly $ 300 a day for the two of us . Thats not including the sleds, suits, licence's, trail passes, ect. ect., that's just out of pocket daily costs. God I'm glad I snowmobile , what would I be doing with all that money if there wasn't snowmobiling ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ya its bad .The companies moto is "if they want to play they'll pay". Give me a break! Even where we ride they adjust the fuel prices when we come into town. And as for sleds being better,what a lie you spend 7000 or more and you ride 250 miles and the fuel pump breaks[note: last year artic cat buddies new zr] and they overheat[ note:last year yamaha buddies new viper] and they just fall apart everywear[note: three years ago ski doo buddies new formual III]. But if you love it you'll reach deep and come up with excuses to pay for it. :0: I left out the polaris becuase duct tape fixes so much :0:

·
Registered
752 Posts
As for the price of feul I have paid as much as $1.20 /litre in a remote northern Ontario lodge. Paid $.98 last winter once for premium. When your tanks empty you don't have much of a choice.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
$2.00-2.25 a gallon in old forge... tends to add up when your cranking through 12 gallons a day.... all this complaining but aint it worth it?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
??? over $2200 dollars in the last two months not including Insurance, plates, and trail pass!!!Man, a guy has to love this sport to spend the kind of money that we do!!! :D

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I take some of the complaints of sled problems with a grain of salt. Things like ditch banging and running WOT can be hard on sleds. As I tend to be a trail rider that primarily lumbers along enjoying the scenery, the sled that I had last winter remained completely flawless save for fouling a set of plugs that was entirely my fault. I had inadvertently flipped the choke lever the wrong way and didn't notice. Once that boneheaded mistake was found, the sled ran perfect, and I put well over 500 miles on that sled in four days. It had almost 6,000 miles on the odometer as well. The sled was a 98 Yamaha Mountain Max.

Even the issues with the JD sled after I bought it was easily traceable to the sleds age and being stored outside for the whole time. The engine ran great untill it sat for 5 years, and not being properly prepped for storage.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Wolfman what I mean is that with all that money spent I hate being a Beta site .R&D should spend some time before they hipe it up. Not to say that their arent good sleds out there but in a world were having the next best thing makes you king, I think quality should be a standard to live by.And we all know that 3AM and -10 degrees is not a good time to find a soon to be factory recall.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i just paid 1.59 for my truck today it cost me 24.00$ just for the rear tank.. i dont even want to fill up my front tank its about 2 times the size! ??? good thing my sled only holds about 10 gal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just add up what we spend before we even get ride. ie: trail permit(s), registration, insurance, gas and tolls wear and tear on the car/ truck and trailer too just getting to the trails, etc, etc. (and I drive 300 miles) But worth every cent

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Let see now.................

Carbides $86.00
Jacket for kid $90.00
New Reima bids $180.00
New Reima gloves $55.00
2 gals. of oil $30.00
Bar hooks $10.00
gas lift shock for trailer $30.00
Dealer check up for 2 sleds $270.00

Grand total :cussing: :cussing: I dont want to know

·
Registered
692 Posts
total up grades

chrome 1200 +
skis 300
196 picks 250
clutch work 100
air brushing 175
new pants 200
vt trail pass 100
me trail pass 70?
beer min 50 a day
gas 25 30 a day
oil 5 10 a day
food min 50 a day

wife haveing no clue what i spend price less

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Licance renual sticker
Insurance
Trail Pass
Gas
Oil
Carbides

It all adds up and its nuts. in 20 years it would be neat to add up all the money I spend on snowmobiling. WOuld probably make anyone sick. :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
This is one tally I won't even start...it's only going to get worse with two sons coming up. Whatever it is, it's worth it. Even having to drive 640 miles one way to get there, there's nothing better than having that throttle lever under your thumb and giving it a good pinch down a trail or across a lake...truely priceless!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
New 1.25 track- $375
Studs and backers- $200
Replacement reeds- $80
Bearings and seals- $100
Windshield- $85
Snowflap- $40
New coat- $160

Cna't wait til next month when the real spending begins (if we get to ride)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts