Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade the suspension on a 1996 Formula III. Considering the expert-x or the m-10 any sugestions or comments on either of these as far as installation and performance.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Go for a m-10 for a FIII. I'm getting a X but it's for ditch banging to the extreme. Fast is having a sale on M-10's now also. Upgrade to ohlins or Ryde FX shocks. They are the only shocks to get on it. It's a breeze to install also. A AD Bovian X-Pert X is for seriouse banging. It's not a out right trail set-up. It'll work but the M-10 is much cheaper and great for trails and some banging if ajusted tighter.

Caleb

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i had an m-10 with ohlins and what a ride(also had the jack)like riding a big pillow,but i sold it because i want to try an expert-x,i hear they are better for the powder and thats what i ride most often,and you can run the track fairly loose with the expert,it was hard giving up the m-10 though,if your a little handy the m-10 isnt to hard to install ,just check measurments 2-3 times over to make sure before you start drilling

·
Registered
756 Posts
M10  all the way. Get the Ohlins.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.
Sled Dog and PANTERAONE If I am reading your posts correct you guys have the expert-x on the way. Have you had the chance to ride a machine with the expert-x yet?

MXZ900 have you riden a machine with the expert-x?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Here's the deal: XPert-X for pwder and Seriouse Ditch Banging
                     M-10 for avbout the smoothest and nicest trail suspensions out there with the good shocks. So it's fairly easy to choose based on your riding style. The X is really a hard core rear skid from all that I've spoke to about it.
Caleb

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
no i havent tried one yet,i have one on the way,the m-10 with ohlins is amazing on the trails,but whenever i went in the powder my track had to be very tight,ive chatted with a few guys who ride a lot of powder and they said the expert was quite a bit better,loose track with no ratcheting,and with the expert you can adjust weight transfer,i found with my m-10 i had a hard time in the powder getting my skis to come up out of the snow,if you ride a lot of rough trails you cant go wrong with the m-10,but until i get some time on the expert-x i can only go by what ive been told ..

·
Registered
283 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (skinnyd @ Aug. 22, 2002, 9:25pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looking to upgrade the suspension on a 1996 Formula III. Considering the expert-x or the m-10 any sugestions or comments on either of these as far as installation and performance.

Thanks[/b][/quote]
Expert X is the way to go, in any condition, especially on the F2000 chassis.  That very sled is the one that we tested the original Expert on, and the install is a cinch.

Drop me a line and I'll tell you all about the X, if you're interested.

-Rob

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't have personal experience with either suspension but I have read a lot aboput both on the Snowest web site.  This is the conclusion that I have come to from reading posts on Snowest, this web site, and Am Snow.  Most people that have the M10s give them very high marks.  Most people that have experience on Expert Xs give them high marks.  BUT! Most people that have personal experience with both always give the Expert X higher marks.  On Snowest there was also at least one dealer that has sold many of both and had tried them both on hsi personal sleds.  He was also a big believer that the Expert X was superior.  I believe he thought the Expert X was superior in all kinds of riding conditions.  They are both good!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
oh oh i sense an edit for 670hoth          

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
And he won't even know why LOL. This site doesn't like other sites actually named. Just a friendly hint for ya man.
Caleb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts