·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnx lady k ,should rock in the powder :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Awesome looking skid P ....how much travel does that thing give you??? Looks like a couple feet :D Where does that setup really shine?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Very nice panteraone I love the attack angle on that thing . Large contact patch. Cant wait to see it in action. Did you have to trailer or did you ride from home?

Where's the on trail pics :(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Looks good panteraone. Give us all the details you can. I'm planning on going to a 136 xpert x next year and want to get all the information I can.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How much snow do you have there? I am dying to ride! When do the trails open?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jim travel is measured at the shock itself and gives 11"of true travel ,if you measure at the back like the others its like 17-19",this shines in the rough stuff,found a bush trail that was really banged up and the suspension worked great,it can take a pounding..

permafrost ..as the suspension collapses it actually slides back(swing arm) so you have a constant patch,and also gives a better attack angle as it compresses,we trailered out to shiers limits(zeverlys),forgot to bring the camera,we will be going out again on sunday(im putting another expert on a srx)hopefully get some riding pics

bladeguy...no trails open,just riding on oll logging roads and some bush trails

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zr500, anything that you want to know specifically?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Does it have the front to rear coupling action as say the SC10II? What is the weight of the skid? Howhard was the install? I noticed a exterior plate?

Looks FN cool!!

FZ700

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice pics Panteraone, but it looked better this morning when I snuck in to have a look!lol. You're not the only guy riding though! I took the kids tundra into work tonight. :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fz700..it does have front to back coupling without losing weight transfer,not sure of the weight , i heard its 4 lbs lighter than a cat suspension(zr),install very easy,and also the easiest suspension i have ever seen to put back into the tunnel,just slides right in,exterior plate is needed but easy to put on

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
regor thnx.....i thought you had come over this morning ,i saw the parts:D hit any crossditchs on the way to work :D now get busy on that 141" :devil:

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you don't mind, how much did the skid run you? I would like to upgrade to a 136" suspension.

FZ700

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by PANTERAONE@Nov 8 2002, 08:09 PM
,not sure of the weight , i heard its 4 lbs lighter than a cat suspension(zr),i
I weighed my zr suspension the other day. Exactly 60 lbs. That ExpertX doesn't look like it should weigh 56lbs.

In your first pic, the approach angle looks really bad, really steep. Any idea what it is?

·
Registered
745 Posts
PerformanceX, after you pointed out the angle, it does look rather steep! It almost looks as if the skid should be back about a couple(2 maybe 3) inches. It does look steep. Or is it the camera angle?

FZ700

1 - 20 of 53 Posts