Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
experts are saying this winter will be like the year of 91 and 96-97. i remember them two winters alot of snow and colder than ####. i hope it's true.

·
Registered
310 Posts
well in maine those winters werent too good, season of 90/91 only had 32.4 inches, and 91/92 ony had 56 inches.  portland averages 75 inches of snow a year, this past season we had like 27 inches of snow, and the season of 96/97 we only had 43 inches, so it better be A LOT better then the 91 and 96/97 season.  or i will be PISSED

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i have always said anyone that long range predicts weather is nuts, but the winter coming will satisfy us all just by the way the season has been setting up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
what do you mean how the season has been setting up, paul??  does that mean everyone will get lots of snow or not??

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I am just hoping for a WINTER, give me one week of it when school is off and I'll be fine.

·
Registered
442 Posts
either way this winter can not possibly be worse than last winter we never had more than six inches on the ground at one time without it melting

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'm prepared to put wheels if needs be, I did it once and can doo it again but a nice winter with 1 ' of snow per week starting early november would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Everytime it has rained in the past month I just wonder how much snow that have been!! With all the rain that the St. Paul, MN area has received in the last month I don't think we would be able to find our houses  
 I watched the weather tonight and Montevideo, MN received 8.5" of rain in the last 24 hours!! That would be a ton of snow!  

A

·
0 Posts
I am a hopeful person, I hope and pray we get some snow but I believe long range forecasts like I believe I will own a 2015 Arctic Cat snowmobile with 5000cc's.

·
Registered
268 Posts
After last winter I hope its the hardest winter ever and everything shuts down for two weeks except the groomers, gas stations, sled shops, restaurant/hotels, and ballet bars.
Lets all join in and prey!

·
Registered
518 Posts
My prediction a while ago was that all that smoke from those forest fires is going to cool the planet down, and we're going to have a cold and very snowy winter!
Hopefully it pans out! lol

COME OOOON SNOOOOOW!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (paul yarek @ Aug. 21, 2002, 10:18pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have always said anyone that long range predicts weather is nuts, but the winter coming will satisfy us all just by the way the season has been setting up.[/b][/quote]
Paul, are you predicting something here ?

Are  you telling us that your nuts ?  

·
Registered
310 Posts
yea same as my predictions about the forest fire, the more atoms in the are, the more the moisture has to cling on to, and more precip we will get, and having more atoms in the air does tend to cool the temp down as well, so it SHOULD mean more cold temps and more snow for everyone, the east coast will get one of the best winters of 10 years, and the east coast will get the best winter out of the whole country this year.  midwest will get an average or a little below average winter.  mark my words on this one "THIS WINTER WILL BE AN AWESOME ONE FOR THE EAST COAST".   you can thank my predictions when winter comes.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Also with the volcano that went off recently.  Remember a couple years ago a huge volcano went off, it rained non stop, then snowed all winter!!  

·
Registered
518 Posts
A volcano? I didn't hear that. Cool! (unless some people got creamated) lol
This winter is one of my most anticipated ever. I actually have a sled. lol  I just need to stud it and get it running right.
We need a snowflake icon, like those smilies, but a snowflake.
******* Maybe I'm just borred.
Dear God, please send us some snow to play in. Make it cold and snowy all winter so we can enjoy your planet in it's wintry state. Amen
There, that oughta help.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I like snow as much as the next guy and could'nt be without my skidoo but here in Michigan I hope all the snow stays North of M-55. When it snows in mid-Michigan it means WORK! After a couple of days of plowing and hauling snow it's hard to get on the sled and have a good time. It really grinds me to see everyone out riding knowing I cant doo it too.
Sometime's I even turn into this evil plow truck driver when I see  people riding down the sidewalks and roads packing the *ell out of everything making it harder to remove!
I feel for the plow drivers up north knowing WHY they dislike us snowmobilers.......

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I hope the thing about the east coast is true. That will be awsome. I only got to ride about 5 miles last winter. Never got the snowmobile bug out of me at all. I too hope that we get some snow while on Spring Break. Hope to head to Old Forge or Cadilac. Whichever has snow. Lets all keep dreaming, hoping, and praying  

1 - 20 of 26 Posts