Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hows it going?

i just got a quick track and suspension question about my 1996 ext 580

i had the stock track on the sled with 1" picks and the factory suspension. i ripped it apart this year and found gouges in both heat exchangers. track drivers were quite worn, so i think the track was slipping off the drivers....luckily the heat exchangers are still good.

for this/next year i got a line on a nice suspension (xtra 10 with fox pps shock) from a newer model polaris and a 1" ripsaw camoplast track. i am going to replace the track drivers with new ones.

do you think i will still have trouble with this track rubbing on front exchanger? i am thinking it should just fit. any comments on this setup would be great

thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey hows it going?

i just got a quick track and suspension question about my 1996 ext 580

i had the stock track on the sled with 1" picks and the factory suspension. i ripped it apart this year and found gouges in both heat exchangers. track drivers were quite worn, so i think the track was slipping off the drivers....luckily the heat exchangers are still good.

for this/next year i got a line on a nice suspension (xtra 10 with fox pps shock) from a newer model polaris and a 1" ripsaw camoplast track. i am going to replace the track drivers with new ones.

do you think i will still have trouble with this track rubbing on front exchanger? i am thinking it should just fit. any comments on this setup would be great

thanks![/b]
I had a 94 580 with a 1 inch track on it and pics, should fit fine, but after you put it in flip the sled up on its side and make sure that you can put your fingers between the front heat exchangers and the track to make sure that there is a little room for play. Also make sure you have tunnel protectors under the tunnel if you put in picks, these are plastic pieces that rivet on the bottom of tunnel where the windows in the track are and prevent the track from hitting tunnel when bottoming out. Some sleds use a cooling rail as a tunnel protector. The polaris suspension might need holes drilled in different spots to accomadate the different chassi, also it is important that the hole's distance on the polaris tunnel is close to the hole's distance on your tunnel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts