Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i get it or not and how much is it.?
??

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If your going to leave the motor stock I'd say to buy it. Even a pipe you can take off if you have warrenty work. Our local dealer will honor warrenty work even with pipes reeds etc if it was done right.
caleb

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I always pass,and am glad I have,it would have been a waste of my money.

·
Registered
530 Posts
the way I see it it's alot cheeper then any large repair.
I won't ride without it.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The last 3 sleds I've had, the only motor work I've needed was covered in the 1st year on my '95 MXZ. The 3 years I had my '98 no work & so far no work on my '01 (touch wood).

I'd pass on it myself. If it was bumper to bumper, I'd go for it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My opinion on extended warrantys is they are not selling them to be nice guys, they are selling them for profit. In the long run you will by the law of averages come out on top not buying them. Now it may be wise to consider it if 1) A major non warranty repair will wipe you out financially 2) You are buying new unproven technology 3) you are EXTREMELY unlucky. Lets face it if they sell a million dollars worth of warrantys they are banking on not paying that million back out so in the LONG RUN it is always gonna be to your advantage money wise not to buy it. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I totally agree with slarson. The "extended warranty" is a high profit area for many companies. They are just sucking more money out of your pocket. Just add up all the extended warranties you paid for in your life,cars, trucks, appliances, home entertainment, etc and how often did you actually use them. How much is the warranty?,how much is a engine rebuild? With the quality coming out of Valcourt,save your cash and buy a big screen TV,and don't buy an extended warranty for that either.  

·
Registered
3,328 Posts

Their absolutely right.  In the long run, your better without.  But the one thing that isn't factored in there, is your peace of mind.

It is a nice feeling knowing you have a warrenty if anything goes wrong.  It just depends on how much that nice feeling is worth to you.  On some things I buy them, something I don't.  When I was less financially stable, I bought them when I had the money, and didn't have to worry about repair costs, when money was tight.

I don't think there is a right answer for everyone.  You have to make the decison based on yourself, and your personal situation.

Good luck,

FishHog

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don’t know if sleds warranties are the same as car warranties but I do know you can always negotiate the price on cars. I usually get the car dealer down at least 25% from their asking price. If they won’t move on the price they can keep their 50% margin warranty.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
THe extended warrenty is expencive.  

The facts are the if your going to have a problem it will most likely be in the first year, and if you take good care of your machine, chances are that skidoo will pay for anything that goes wrong in the beginning of the next season which is the other area were a problem might happen.

My experiance with rotax is that if they run right for a year, they will run for ever so the odds are on your side.  Pass the warrenty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts