Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 1995 580efi in the engine wire harness there is 2 wires not connected. One is a blue w/white stripe (female connector) and the other is brown (male connector). They are located in the harness down by the recoil, and under the throttle body. Where do these wires go to or what are they for. I looked in the wiring diagram and it dosen't show them, they look like factory connectors and wire.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Not too familiar with your sled, but most manufacturors install wireing harnesses with all options posible.

If your sled has a temp gauge, it will use one wire, and if it has a temp light, it uses the other. On Bombardiers they even have terminal connector for different options (heated shilds, Reverse beeper, Etc.)

Just my 2 cents, like I said, I am not familiar with your model.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Madsledhead is right.  It's most likely for an option that you don't have installed.  May also be an open plug for future mods and add ons or something.  My 97 zert has a couple extras as well.  As long as everything works electicly, I wouldn't worry about it.  Especialy since it isn't showing in your diagram.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts