Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 M-10 with fox shocks.  First, I am wondering who if anyone makes a big wheel kit for the M-10?  Would this help my track speed and rolling resistance???

Also, who makes the most reliable and cost efficient extrovert drivers?  I am mostly concerned about reliability and performance.

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
what sort of riding do you do LLP?     as for the big wheel kit for the M-10, haven't seen it yet, check with some of the mountain sled mfg's, they might make em.    
unless you plan on running your track fairly loose or ride in deep powder, the extroverts are sort of overkill.
chances are you can spend the money elsewhere and have far better results

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
What is an extrovert driver? I assume they are an oversize drive sprocket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I am planning on running the track loose for less rolling resistance.  It is a 136" M-10.  I will also be taking a trip or two out west, so I'm looking for all the help I can get....

Thanks

·
Registered
858 Posts
Revrnd~ I believe an extrovert driver has sprockets that go in the track window, kinda like the old snowmobiles. Not sure though.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Like this

·
Registered
172 Posts
they are good for drag racing and hill climbing, don't want the track to sprocket. and for dragging you can get away with running it a little looser.       you can get them the same size as stock.                
LLP - you might want to look at a maching company making you a set of brackets that will work with the wheels, if they know what they are doing, they should be able to fit them easily.     then you can just add a set of aluminum idlers to get a real different look.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Extroverts are the hot ticket with anyone running an M-10.  A lot of the issues with the M-10's come from having to run the track so tight to keep from ratcheting.  You'll be much happier with the performance of the M-10 if you switch to extros and loosen up the track.  Kinetic is the source that a lot of us use to get extros.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1000-IMP, Yea, I thought of having some brackets machined to fit the larger idlers.  It's just easier for me to find someone who is already making them.

AKSUMMITX, thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of them myself.  They have quite a few neat conversions for sleds.

maluchm, I have seen either on this site or ccperformance selling bigwheel kits for the sc10.  the price seemed to be fairly reasonable.  I believe around $165.  Don't quote me on the price though.

Thanks for the help.  Anyone else with more info?
??

Last edited by Rocketman at April 17, 2002, 10:31am

·
Registered
0 Posts
LLP - I've spoke with CCPOWDER from snowest about his kits
but am still trying to research this a little bit. If I'm
going to "Hack N Wack" the end of my rails off, I want to
have a good kit to install!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kinetic is the source that a lot of us use to get extros.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AKSUMMITX- where is "Kinetic"? How can I get in touch with them? Website? Phone #?
Thanx.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts