Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If it is EFI, you can adjust the linkage that goes from the throttle bodies to the oil pump. I know of may who are running 4 or 5 turns leaner than stock.

Of course, use common sense, start by going one turn at a time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is EFI, you can adjust the linkage that goes from the throttle bodies to the oil pump. I know of may who are running 4 or 5 turns leaner than stock.

Of course, use common sense, start by going one turn at a time.[/b]
carb

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have the same sled and i have to fill the oil up again when i am around a quarter of a tank. it doesnt seem like it gets loaded up though and it runs good. no excessive smoke or anything.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You should use approximately 1qt for every 10 gallons of fuel (10 gal = 40 qts to 1qt of oil = 40:1)

I dont know how the pump is adjusted on a carb model, but the pump is directly below the carbs on the engine case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 03 f-5 uses almostdouble the oil as my zrt,about1qt per 5 or 6 gallons help[/b]

flip the sled on the left side - remove the belly pan cover to get at the linkage from the carbs to the oil pump - it probably needs about 4 turns - i run mine at 100-1 ratio with no problem - also if you cheap ski-doo mineral oil your valves will stay clean while you save a pile of money

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a similiar problem with my 04 sabercat 700 It uses way too much oil versus my other 5 sleds it is an Efi where is it I find this linkage I would like to turn It down (of course 1 turn at A time) Is this something I can fine tune trail side and when I turn it do I go clockwise or counter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts