Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
140 hp sounds like a lot for a 700 . do you guys think its true or a hyped up number. I ordered a f7 sno pro  I hope I didnt make a bad decision . All opinions welcome .

·
Registered
625 Posts
I believe that this number will at least be very close. Cat has been close on power numbers the last couple years, not infalting their claims (an example is their 800 twin 138-40 hp) which are right on. A thing to remember is that a 700 making 140hp compared to an 800 making the same 140hp is really not the same, what I mean is that the 800 will have a broader toque curve and more than likely more torque as well. Where the F-7 is going to get an advantage is in the weight dept if it is 425lbs and 140 hp, and a ZR800 is 140hp and 500lbs....you get the idea or about a 15% advantage in power to weight. Time will if the claims are accurate, the biggest place I would be looking is if they are lying about their weight and how much? we will see.

·
Registered
448 Posts
After picking up the front end & the back end of the F-5 I don't think they're lying about the weight.  However centralized mass plays a part.  With everything in the centre, the front & the rear feels & is very light.

Cat HP#'s  very accurate, if not understated.  Plain & simple.  They don't lie like the other manufacturers, & they don't need to!

·
Registered
442 Posts
i wonder what the air temperature was in the dyno room when they did that test because colder temps = denser air = higher numbers

·
Registered
310 Posts
ive heard from my friend at the dealer said it was 132, and then ive heard its 135.  so its around there somewhere.  but i would like to see the weight also, i dont think it is 435.  maybe 445 or 450.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts