Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holly Cow!!!!

I just poped in to the Cat page to see how they like their new F-7's and the first thing that caught my eye was a 3 page post full of complaints of engine seizures!!!
Some of these poor guys even had them burn down after Cat repaired them!
I must say....It feels GOOD to be a Ski-doo man!!!

Trapper

·
Registered
118 Posts
Isn't it a fact that the coolant runs through the engine on the Firecats from the heads down through the case and then back to the heat exchangers? If that is the case, the heads would be a perfect area for air to accumulate thus resulting in poor cooling at the heads. I haven't looked at any Firecats to see if they engineered around this potential problem. This is the problem that Ski Doo had with the 01 MXZ 800's. They couldn't get air from accumulating around the heads.

·
Registered
364 Posts
it has something to do with the heat exchangers ( not sure what else). Take a look at the oil line on the f7's when you get a chance :nervous: :nervous: . Runs through a metal groove, right by the clutches (about 1/4 away) blown belt equals dead sled. Poorly engineered if you ask me. ( however the motor and weight is nasty) Pull cord breaking, blwon motors. I wouldn;t be happy if I was a cat owner.

I'm a die hard SKI DOO NUT :inlove:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Haha. I wouldnt buy an arctic-cat. No offence arctic-cat riders. I'm proud to drive ski-doo!

Thats too bad that there all breakin down already!

Arct-cat's a rip-off! BUY SKi-DOO

·
Registered
708 Posts
That seems to be the problem with first year release sled, alot of problems up front which move to alot of fixes which makes for a long winter just looking at the snow!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just rode my buddy's F7 the other day. While maybe they are burning up, those things are FAST! Now, I am a Ski-Doo fan, but I have to give it to them for the power those things make. The thing ran 82MPH in 500 feet, with NO studs and a 1.375" track! I spoke to Greg Goodwin at Goodwin Performance, and he said a clutched F7 will run right with a REV 800, and even pull it just a bit on the top end! They ran them over and over again, no matter what the setup, they could just about hold hands all the way down the track...

So, if they are burning down, at least they will be something to beat.

·
Registered
546 Posts
lighter is better especially after a burn down. Grab a rope and you can pull it back.
makes sense.

Jiddru. there fast 1 km at a time. :p

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 800REV@Dec 2 2002, 10:41 PM
Burn baby Burn! :p
Looks like someone is worried about the competition. ha ha Don't let that sweat freeze. :D

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
We are worried. If they keep buring down will have no competition.

That would be boring. :D

A

·
0 Posts
Don't worry there are plenty of 800 ZRTs and ZR900's and T-Cats around to spank ya. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice Avatar ARCTICZRT600! In case you havn't noticed yet but it is the YELLOW guy that keeps standing and the GREEN one is the one passing out! Kinda like the F7's now, passing out after a short run! :p

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Originally posted by Rev it! 800X@Dec 3 2002, 12:28 PM
Nice Avatar ARCTICZRT600! In case you havn't noticed yet but it is the YELLOW guy that keeps standing and the GREEN one is the one passing out! Kinda like the F7's now, passing out after a short run! :p
If you pay attention, highly unlikely though :D , you'll notice they both are yellow. :D :inlove: Peace brother.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I ran my rev 800 against a F-7 a couple of weeks ago, and on roll on's it would pull about 4-5 lengths on me, my rev had only 80km's at the time later that day the f-7 melted down. Now i know my chip is burnt out and the midrange is feeling strong. Ready to run the f-7 again but i find out that the same f-7 melted down again, so do i win by default? Maybe Limskii will let me run him with his very quick running mach 1- renegade!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well if you want to micro manage then nice pic in your signature! So I take it your ZRT600 is so hot its on fire or it also burned down? :D

Also I noticed your location! Keep us all safe! We all are counting on you guys! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts