Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the RX-1 is what Yamaha claims it is, then why the 700 class.
there now you can't dodge the bullet that was asked in the weight topic.
its a 1000 cc 4 stroke rumoured to be the fastest sled on the snow.
I have heard bull up to and including 130 MPH.
If this is so then why the 700 class and why such a poor showing at hay days?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It is sort of early to tell but it looks like the rx1 is gonna be a 1000ft+ sled
till it gets moving ??? I know when the lakes freeze over i'll be there checkin
the action out :D

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I 've seen it on ashphalt and it'll tear a stock srx up. Ity was keeping up with and beating some of the teams own modded SRX's also. Now when I saw it on grass it was sad. But it was really starting to get into it's groove by 500 or 660 what ever Capacs was.
Caleb

·
Registered
756 Posts
speculation speculation thats all were going to have till the snow flies. Then the truth will come out, what ever it is so be it.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
First off, the decision was made by someone that has no idea what the RX-1 can do. I bet they used a similar formula as used for dirt bikes. Usually twice the cc's for the 4-strokes. Just think if they would have done the same and put it with the 500's :devil:

·
Registered
132 Posts
hello,

i am no expert but just a thought, maybe the temperature had something to do with it. i have a yzf750 the slightly smaller than 1000cc r1 but when it is below 35 it won't even start cranked on it for almost an hour before i decided i would wait till it warmed up when it did warm up outside it never even hesitated.

maybe being warmer out it is running to rich

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
twolf: the posts said it ran good on asphalt and like crap on grass. so your temperature theory doesn't fly.
I have a friend that got one and he should be getting it soon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
sorry bout that i didn't read all the posts.

maybe the sled (not the driver ) has an additude and didn't want to get it's track all dirty :)

i am not against the rx-1 but i do think they will have some kinks to work out. i hope i will get the chance to see how one does this winter. just to see how it really does in the snow. unfortunatly our trails don't open till dec 15 :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts