Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys...... I was perfectly happy with my new #####-cat the way she is....but the more and more I read about you guys doing pipes, silencers, air boxes, clutch work, reeds, etc... etc....etc..... I'm starting to think here....

Just picked up my new 03 F5 Black Team AC graphics, and was wondering if anybody has done anything to theirs as of yet.... I'm thinking after about a few tanks of gas throw in the reeds and jet her down a little bit..... after the oil from the dealer is gone, I'm running AMSOil (don't feel like cleaning the valves every 500 miles...would rather RIDE).....

I'm probably not going to stud it till next year, wanna see how this animal handles first with the longer/narrower track.......

Fire away guys....

Steve

SWRules

·
Registered
249 Posts
Check out Black Magic, They have been doing alot with the F5 and F7. They have alot of add ons for both.

·
Registered
310 Posts
MCBperformance will soon have everything available for the F5/F7. You cant click on them yet, because they are still working on things you can do to it, should be available soon tho!

·
Registered
138 Posts
D&D has done some nice work on the F7s. I am sure hey have goodies for the F5 too.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'm betting AC has those things pretty close on set to get the type of performance they're claiming.
All the shops that sell the go fast goodies claim theirs will do this and that but in reality only a small fraction of those parts live up to their billing. The hot ticket might be to sit back and see what actually produces a real gain.
Just my .02
Rick.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would get a Speedwerx clutch kit.Yes they are pricy but it makes a big improvement.Both my sleds have them & they are awsome.

As far as anything else goes good call on staying away from Black Tragic stuff.

One thought is to replace some of the heavy parts on the Firecat with parts from the Sno Pro.Like the Sway bar links are metal on Firecats but tough plastic on Sno Pros.Changing to C&A skis would also help on weight trimming.Removing weight is often cheaper then adding HP.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree with the speedwerx bolt ons. I had their speedkit for my 02 ZR800 CCLE, Which consists of V-force reeds,Mono Head w/inserts,Single pipe,& their clutch kit. Definitely happy with it all. :D I just mentioned BM to SteveCz Because he was asking about F5mods, and BM has stuff on their website already. I just bought an 03 F5 Red and will probably just throw some V-force and clutching at it and ride it this year. after all 104hp out of the box for a 500 is SpAnKiNg!!!! :hallo1:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it is D&D that has a twin pipe kit and a 700cc or 720cc big bore kit for the firecat 500. It's in a ad in one of my magazines, but I cant find, so this is all I know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by CatzAzz@Oct 20 2002, 02:21 AM
I agree with the speedwerx bolt ons. I had their speedkit for my 02 ZR800 CCLE, Which consists of V-force reeds,Mono Head w/inserts,Single pipe,& their clutch kit. Definitely happy with it all. :D I just mentioned BM to SteveCz Because he was asking about F5mods, and BM has stuff on their website already. I just bought an 03 F5 Red and will probably just throw some V-force and clutching at it and ride it this year. after all 104hp out of the box for a 500 is SpAnKiNg!!!! :hallo1:
That is about along the lines I was thinking.... I want something that would get me a little bit more A$$, but something that I could pretty easily take off when I sell the sled or trade it in..... I was considering the VForces and maybe a clutch, or maybe just some clutch work (Different spring, weights, etc)...... Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to ride the sled yet, so I don't know what it can do. Who knows, I may love it just the way it is.....

I usually hang onto my sleds for three or four years, so I will have time to experiment with it...just anxious now cuz its a new toy....

Thanks for all your responses.... Looks like SpeedWerks is the way to go.... anybody heard anything about GoodWin (sp?) making anything for the F5's? Or have their website handy?

THanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't put the plastic swaybar links on. I had them on a sled and they break easy. Ride it for about 100 miles or so, and then remove your swaybar completely. Ride it agian and see which you like best, with or without. I prefer them without the swaybars, seems to corner better. Not sure how it will handle on a FC though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts