Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looking at buying an aftermarket can/silencer for my 2004 F6 to make it sound a little cooler and a LITTLE louder. Has anyone tried the sno-stuff rumble pak? Any others? I don't want the sled to be like my last sled and be obnoxiously loud, got pulled over to many times. Just looking for something a little louder than stock and to give it a little more braaaap!

Thanks again,
Joe, WI

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hi Guys,

Looking at buying an aftermarket can/silencer for my 2004 F6 to make it sound a little cooler and a LITTLE louder. Has anyone tried the sno-stuff rumble pak? Any others? I don't want the sled to be like my last sled and be obnoxiously loud, got pulled over to many times. Just looking for something a little louder than stock and to give it a little more braaaap!

Thanks again,
Joe, WI[/b]
I am not an expert on Wisconsin law, but didn't Wisconsin just pass a law a year or two ago that does not allow a snowmobile to have any exhaust modifications that increase its sound levels over stock?

From Wisconsin's DNR site:

"The department is adopting a new rule for testing snowmobile
noise. To help stay compliant, do not alter your
exhaust to be louder than the original exhaust system.
If your snowmobile sounds louder than normal, you may
be in violation. Maintain your snowmobile and seek the
advice of a service technician if you are in doubt.
You cannot modify your snowmobile’s exhaust in any manner that
will amplify or increase the total noise emission above that emitted
by the snowmobile as originally manufactured, regardless of date of
manufacture."

As for your Q on the rumble pack, the only sled I have had any experience with this can on is a skidoo670. It definitely made it louder and it sounded nice, but it was too loud for the trails around here and he pulled it and found a stock can. It certainly was not as loud as a race pack or the like, but I could still hear him over my sled when following him.

·
Registered
443 Posts
try a mbrp trail can.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If you are looking to spend $200-$300 to kill the bottom end power, help close more trails, and bring more negative attention to the sport, then it is money well spent.

If you want to buy something that makes more noise when you ride it, might I suggest a Rupp 440, they are a fairly noisy sled.

Noise is a big problem in snowmobiling. VERY BIG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts