Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snowmobile News
Tuesday August 27, 2002

When the first sleds lineup at Haydays September 7-8, there will be one snowmobile noticeably absent from the field - Arctic Cat's Firecat F7.

Arctic Cat officials said the machine will hit the production line after Haydays, so it will not be ready to race at the grass drags in early September. "It's really a shame," one Arctic Cat official said.

Race fans will have to wait to see how the F7 stacks up against the competition. However, the Arctic Cat Firecat F5 should be racing at Haydays. Arctic Cat officials said grass drag racers should get the F5s before the big grass drag event near Lino Lakes, Minnesota.

·
Registered
757 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It must be a pooch.  Why else would they delay it?[/b][/quote]
I think I read that somewhere else...

Too bad.  Someone got caught sleeping on that one and should be held accountable.  "Motors are on the boat" - poor excuse.

Win or lose, from an exposure standpoint - Big mistake!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I highly doubt that it is slow. Cat always builds fast well handling sleds. I'm sure that they wanted nothing else than to have it drag at haydays. I don't think any other sled will come close to touching it in it's class. It's that huge weight advantage plus 140 ponies helps. It would have been interesting to have seen a 700 Rev to go against it. It's funny that the mags still say the zr900 is a better trail sled than the F-cats do to it's trail manners. I bet cat hasn't liked seeig that in print.
Caleb

·
Registered
91 Posts
It doesn't surprise me a bit that they wouldn't have them being built by Haydays.  AC is the absolute worst in planning and getting product(sleds) in the consumers hands early.  This is my second Cat that I have ordered(F7), and I do have to say that Cat gets a massive F in the planning dept. for sled deliveries.....
-JLeosnow

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is my second Cat that I have ordered(F7), and I do have to say that Cat gets a massive F in the planning dept. for sled deliveries.....
[/b][/quote]

What was the first one you had problems with. The reason for the later build was late engineering changes. Very good for those that bought one!!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Not if those enginneering changes involved a 30 Hp cutback.

I dont belive that Arctic cat is hiding this sled from Haydays because of some performance issues, thats Yamaha style.  

I buy the fact that its simply not ready.

·
Registered
91 Posts
M10rules,

My 02 800CC was bulit in Nov. 2001, delivered to me on Dec. 20th and it has been in the shop fore times than any other sled I have owned.  Front shock issues, recoil exploding, slide rail holes ovaled out.  There was no over engineering going on with this sled, I'm sure of that....
-JLeosnow

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JPL-the 02 Zr800CC was suppose to be one of the first they made last year but a last second change pushed it to last build. They made some changes to the airbox if I remember right. The shocks are bad on those (d*mn ACTs) and the recoil is a recall.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My money is on the fact that the F7 will be alot heavier than they origionally claimed and that every magazine will be all over it for sure when they find out the real wieght of the sled.

How much more heavier who knows for sure...we have all heard as much as 30 pounds heavier...if that's true, they will have alot of pissed off people no doubt.

They are banking on that sled, so it doesn't suprise me at all why they will delay as much time as they can before they have to bring it out.

A

·
0 Posts
I will be so happy when the Firecats are delivered, I can hear the ulcers in this forum getting bigger.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
since when does haydays decide which sled to buy?the f7 will rock this winter.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I don't think the Fs will be a great drag sled anyway.  They weren't designed to be in my opinion.  I think that they were designed as a lightweight ditchbanging sled.  I think in the years to come were going to see more specialized frames to fit our different riding styles.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It almost seems like some of the sled companies spend more
on promoting and advertising there sleds than they do on
quality control these days
They try and convince people that this new sled is gonna be the next best thing before the
friggin thing even hits the grass drags or let alone a full normal production machine even touches the snow.

A

·
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (z800rtx @ Aug. 29, 2002, 3:22pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It almost seems like some of the sled companies spend more
on promoting and advertising there sleds than they do on
quality control these days
They try and convince people that this new sled is gonna be the next best thing before the
friggin thing even hits the grass drags or let alone a full normal production machine even touches the snow.[/b][/quote]
It all comes down to the almighty buck $$.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't think the F7 will be 30 lbs. heavier. I think more like 12-15 lbs. Either way, with 140hp it is going to rock. I'd rather have it a little heavier and have it hold up than have it super light wieght and fall apart at the seems.

·
Registered
858 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It almost seems like some of the sled companies spend morem on promoting and advertising there sleds than they do on quality control these days [/b][/quote]

That's why I applaud Bombardier to come out with a sled, race it and have trial sessions before they take orders. The other big 3 should follow their example.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The FireCats were raced last year in everything from snocross to the Iron Dog.  Cat beats the absolute p*ss out of there sleds before the consumer gets them.  I wouldn't worry about quality.  Everyone new all summer they wouldn't build the F7 before labour day.  This is a disappointment, but shouldn't be a surprise.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts