Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a pic I took today of an F7 at about a 1000 feet racing an 800 cat and 700 polaris non power valved with PSI pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yup,see the snow blowing in his face lol.
Caleb-BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
No Paul thats pure canadian snow.That has a street value of..um...I dont know but I wish it was here :0:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
what the author doesnt tell is the 600 rev is already gone by hehe and lol
:D

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by kingsmack@Nov 17 2002, 05:23 AM
Hmm.... By the way there riding, it doesnt appear to be a race!
What is this another pitch to sell people on firecats.
The race is over as you can see and its no sales pitch because the F7's are sold out. These sleds work that good out of the box and I thought I would give you photo evidence of that fact. I know the F7 is fast and I dont think it will beat my ZR9 on top but it would give it a run in 660.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Looks like a nice leisurely ride :p

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey Form, I look at the time of your post and I excuse you for being delirious! :sleeping:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ya most likely the other sleds are running last rears belt!!! Once they do there yearly prep I would think they would be much closer to the front. It does seem funny that someone would race a new sled without doing a good break in. The dealers would love this one they should see this sled before it hits 1000 miles for a rebuild!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
BG, How do you know if it's broke in or not? It's been plenty cold out west for a while now.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here last weekend,two Mach`s ,one Zr 900, 800 triple polaris, and one F-7 faced of for
all clutched minor mods to some.The f-7 was quicker out of the hole but at about 600
-700 ft the Mach`s both powered by.The 900 also beat the F-7 and right out the back door
over half mile on the highland road.The results were the same each and every time.The 900 also did edge out the Mach`s but it wasn`t no cake walk.If any thing the F-7did have
an excellant take off each time and if all the hit this hard out of the hole it is going be a tough
sled in 660 ft run for all .As stated the big boy`s ruled the top side eachand every time except the 800 polaris,the f-7 handled him from start to finish.These were 1/2 mile plus runs.
Just my .02 worth. Cape Breton Stock...............

·
Registered
356 Posts
Man, I don't care who won the race, I'd a given anything just to have been there riding under that beautiful blue sky and sunshine, on that "pearly white snow" ..........that as of yet we have not seen in quantity, here in Mich!!!! DooZ ???

·
Registered
485 Posts
Doo-Z the snow we "had " is now gone for the rain gods
don`t know when to say "enough".It pissed down all week
and just turn colder to night.All we can do is hope the snow
gods remenber us. Cape Breton stock.....711ccD.D.power
Think white!

·
Registered
90 Posts
the manufacturers are starting to clutch sleds for better hole shot now days, to say the f7 was real fast because of what you see in that picture is a joke. I can and have consistantly beaten the non power valved pol 700 with pipes with my 00xc600. as a matter of fact, my clutching set up will beat an f7 on a 500 foot track. I was also able to stay first place in 800 improved stock until semi finals. it's not hard to beat a sled that someone thinks is fast because they put pipes on it. proper set up is very important. don't be sad, i watched 700ves polaris's beat the f7 at the grass drags this fall in alberta. SETUP, SETUP, SETUP. :sarcasm:

·
Registered
978 Posts
#1 is right, not allways the sled, it's who's tuning the sled, but i did do some runs against a f-7 on the weekend with my rev 800. We only did rolling starts on the lake, not enough traction for hole shots. First roll on from about 30 mph I took off on him and held him off for at least 1200 ft. But we did a few more runs and it pulled about 5-6 lengths on me in 1500 to 2000 ft. I'm still breaking in the rev have a little over 100 km's on it. But after I left my buddy Limskii said that the f-7 started acting up only pulling 6000 rpm's and he loaded it up and took it back to the dealer. Haven't heard what the problem was yet. :doh:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Do you ride with Machz69. I think he said an F7 in his area had the same problems after a hard run...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts