Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think they will have out for aftermarket parts for the F7 by fall??  like EFI chips, suspension stuff, engine stuff, clutch kits all that fun stuff, what will be out and when??

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I'm sure D&D, Black Magic, PSI, and other companies will have plenty of "hop up" stuff for all the new sleds by then.  I would guess they already have pipes for them and are working on clutching, chips, reeds, and whatever else they can come up with.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Most shops have the protos already so they are just fine tuning the stuff right now.It's not like these are brand new chassies, so they know what will fit in there and what won't.

·
Registered
625 Posts
With the F7 reportedly putting out 140hp stock, it will be interesting to see if there are any real hp gains with things like pipes (single anyways) and reeds or if they have them pretty tweaked in stock trim?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Good point slarson.  Since it's pretty well modded to the max "stock" I wonder how much more you can actualy get out of it with simple bolt on stuff.

·
Registered
530 Posts
140hp is more then enough for me.
I'll leave mine stock and see what can be done to a 800EFI.
Anyone know if I can swap the 800 cylinders and piston for the 867's?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am a cat lover and I don't like the way cat sets up their clutch from the factory. I hate to say it , but I like the Bomby clutch the way it engages early.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Chubby D&D's been testing the 863 cylinders with the efi system from the 800 efi, and 900 single pipe, and said it works fine, with out any lean spots.

·
Registered
442 Posts
does anyone know if the EFI chips on the F7 will even be accessable? because after 2000 all the EFI sleds came with inaccessable chips because they were having a problem with people getting these aftermarket hop-up chips and when people would blow their motors they would put the origional chip back in and get a new motor from warranty

dont expect much from aftermarket pipes or anything if you cant adjust the fuel delivery somehow otherwise all you'll do is blow motors the only thing we could expect anything from are clutch kits and reeds

i dont know what happened to cat's clutching from the factory after 97 it seemed like they were selling all their sleds to 75+ people considering how lazy they are clutched from the factory

·
Registered
47 Posts
here's what i got back from speedwerx.

yes we will have a full line of parts for the f7 from pipes, head, clutch kits, reed spacers, and even a big bore.
keep in touch.
thanks,
erich long
speedwerx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts