Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in American Snowmobiler that Arctic Cat has switched their claimed dry weight for the Firecat 700 to 460.5 pounds. This was on Arctic Cat's scale. Has the REV been weighed in by any magazines yet??

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
???? But, thank you for reminding me that I want to weigh my old and new skid frames. I think I'll go do that right now.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by dooittoit@Nov 7 2002, 02:03 AM
I read in American Snowmobiler that Arctic Cat has switched their claimed dry weight for the Firecat 700 to 460.5 pounds. This was on Arctic Cat's scale. Has the REV been weighed in by any magazines yet??
;) I think I read that the REV is 450 lbs If this is wrong Im sure someone will let us know SWRules

·
Registered
678 Posts
According to skidoo the 600 and 800 rev are both 454lbs (dry) should be about 530-540 with a full tank of fuel and oil and antifreeze.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what does the REV weigh on the scale?? ACTUAL DRY WEIGHT? is it 454?

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
What did cat claim last year.... wasnt it around 450?

·
Registered
310 Posts
claim. i mean actual.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Cat claimed 435 for the F7 in the spring. I dont think it was ever gonna be that light, a heat exchanger and tunnel stiffeners do not weigh 25-30 lbs.

·
Registered
310 Posts
how much does 5 gal. of fuel weigh??

·
Registered
678 Posts
oil and gas: about 7 1/2 pounds
Water Antifreeze: about 8 pounds

My estimate was a bit low at a full tank, but I was close! :)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Why do they brag over dry weights? Nobody is going to run their sleds without coolant in the radiator, oil in the oil tank, and fuel on the fuel tank. Dry weights become a moot point once the sled is set up and ready to ride. How about weights full of all fluids??? That would be real world stats. The only variable left is the weight of the rider, and assuming that it's for racing, the teams are likely to keep that person fit. ???

·
Registered
678 Posts
Dry weight is the main manufacturer controlled variable, most sleds will hold around the same amount of fuel and fluids, especially if racing. It's just a baseline for comparison.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You don't want them to start considering wet weight. They might start puttion on 2 gal fuel tanks just to claim the lightest weight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts