Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble closing the cover on their 10' covered trailer's on a F7? I've got one on order but I just measured my floor inside the cover and it's exactly 118" which is what the spec is for either Firecat.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
About like having a short box pickup(glorified car) just doesn't work out unless your hauling groceries. I don't think cat has gained a drop of advantage by lengthening sled. Just makes it harder to afford optional tracks at this point. :doh: :cussing: :doh:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It'll be close........but if all else fails cut 2 holes for the ski's to poke thru and you will be good :D JK

·
Registered
74 Posts
I heard someone say that they can be made to fit. However at a trade show (Novi, MI) a guy selling trailers with the fold down cover (these being the 10 ft trailers, the shorter sled bed style) told me the Firecats WILL NOT fit. He said the Firecat is 10ft 1 inch.

He said I'd need to get a longer trailer with a different style cover for my Firecat. I was in the market (sort of) for an aluminum trailer. I was browsing that day. I ended up buying an enclosed aluminum which was longer to avoid the potential problem.

My guess is your going to have a problem with the Firecat or will have to find some kind of creative fix.

It may depend on the type of fold down cover you have on your particular trailer. The guy at the show had a firecat in one of his trailers and was selling sled bed trailers who made the comment about the "FireCat not fitting" in the 10ft one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like sled heads idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but would look kina goofy, like your feet stickin out the other end of the bed,,,,,,,,,burr thats chilly :p

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by ATOMICAT@Nov 24 2002, 05:13 PM
I heard someone say that they can be made to fit. However at a trade show (Novi, MI) a guy selling trailers with the fold down cover (these being the 10 ft trailers, the shorter sled bed style) told me the Firecats WILL NOT fit. He said the Firecat is 10ft 1 inch.

He said I'd need to get a longer trailer with a different style cover for my Firecat. I was in the market (sort of) for an aluminum trailer. I was browsing that day. I ended up buying an enclosed aluminum which was longer to avoid the potential problem.

My guess is your going to have a problem with the Firecat or will have to find some kind of creative fix.

It may depend on the type of fold down cover you have on your particular trailer. The guy at the show had a firecat in one of his trailers and was selling sled bed trailers who made the comment about the "FireCat not fitting" in the 10ft one.
Of course this guy selling the trailers is going to tell you they won't fit. He wants to sell you a bigger one and get more money out of you.

I just looked at the AC site and the F7 is 118 in long. A ZR 800 is 112 in long. Both are 48 in wide. Now I have a ZR800 and I have a 10' Triton with a Bearcat Cap. My ZR is pretty tight. If I pull up too far, the skis get cought on the front when you lift it. You can leave it farther back, but once you close the back, you can't open, unless you grab the snow flap and push it in. The flap gets caught up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
a 10 foot trailer is 120 inches - an inch from each side (Front/Back) The F7 should be able to fit but there will be no room. just be care full and put the ski's all the way forward so they are at the end then see if it will close it should.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You may gain some inches by relocating the rear grab bar in some! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
purchased 2 f7 snopro with enclosed triton 10' fit but could not open front for unloading. :devil: called dealer and replaced with a 12 foot triton and i have more room than i know what to do with. :sarcasm:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts