Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the production sleds are out, does anyone have any dyno info on it? Lets get the facts! How about the Rev's and the RX-1? I can't believe no one has independently dynoed them yet.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes it will, I want to see what the RX1 is putting out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:p Here is what D&D had to say about a PRODUCATION F7 ENGINE F-7 testing Message Entered On (9/11/2002 8:06:54 PM) We will have a single pipe for the f-7 and a light exhaust can ..Both together will save about 15 pounds off the already light 700..We also have the grass set up done and ready to ship...This F-7 set up right will run in the low 5.40 s and will give any 800cc or 900 all they can handle... F-7 & F-5 Testing Message Entered On (8/20/2002 7:48:51 AM) Testing is going really good on the F-7 and the F-5..These two sleds are going to be a great sled this year and will be tops in there class for sure..... D&D We will be running a new F-7 at Marilla this weekend..Ran it on the dyno yesterday and had the same hp as the proto....Cat did a great job on this one... ENOUGH WITH THE HP NUMBER'S THEY ARE THERE.....THIS SAY'S IT ALL.

·
Registered
483 Posts
10/11/02- D&D dynoed a bone stock F7 at 137.6 hp. They added some of their aftermarket items and got it up to 146+ hp. Can see their report at www.ddracing. com, on the tech page.

·
Registered
49 Posts
137.6 Hp should be plenty of ponys. But, are the F7's 435 lbs as published last fall or did they gain some weight over the summer? A nasty rumor (started by the doo guy's I'm sure) I heard that the F7 is closer to 450 lbs in the production version. Can anyone shead some light for me?
Thanks.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's no rumor, both the F5 and F7 put on weight, Cat weighs the F7 at 460 lbs., and the F5 at 447 lbs. They made some changes to the rear heat exchangers, seat base, and airbox.

·
Registered
74 Posts
BTW

A friend of mine and I looked at a 711 "for sale" at Nicholsons in Ann Arbor. The thing was a 711 Black Magic Sno-Pro with a 711 with "only 156 miles on it". . . yeah whatever. Well it had definately more than that amount of miles, we ended up calling it the "lie" sled, because there was something wrong with every thing mentioned about it as far as we were concerned. It seemed heavier than it's listed weight (but it was full of gas). Our F7's seemed way lighter.

Anyway the POINT of my message is, there was an additional radiator and plumming that was added to the 711 to keep it cool. When you look under the tail of an F7 there's actually a larger radiator on it than on that 711 setup. Pretty cool. I'll take the larger cooling capacity for more dependability any day of the week for a few extra pounds.

SMALL RANT ABOUT DEALERS
Funny thing about the sales guy at Nicholsons. He seemed more interested in eating popcorn and chatting than selling sleds. I almost wanted to ask him, "one more question, are there any sales people working here today?" before we left.

When my friend asked him what an F5 was going for, he replied "we don't have the prices yet for these, make an offer". What a goof. He was obviously trying to get whatever extra he could for the sleds or wasn't serious about selling anything. Funny thing was we had cash in hand, and were looking. We ended up going to another dealer and picking up an F7 there.

Another interesting thing about some dealers over here. I saw an add by a local dealer in Dearborn during the Red Wings game. They showed motorcycles and 4 wheelers, a watercraft and NO SLEDS on their commercial. What's up with THAT? What morons. Some of these dealers are just barely rolling sleds on the showroom floors, during possibly the MOST EXCITING sled season with new releases we've had in years.

BACK TO THE WEIGHT TOPIC
For the uninitiated, AC added back the old brake setup also as has been posted here an in other places. That added to the weight. Still with the additional weight, the front and rear end seem lighter than my friends old ZR440 Sno-Pro. It's a really impressive setup.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts