Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this from Black Magic Performance News :D

This past Saturday, the 900 ran a 10.577 @ 118 mph, the F7 ran a 10.399 @122.05 mph. This was done at Great Lakes Dragways into a 15 mph head wind and track temps in the 50 degree range. It is important that all are aware that there have been days the 900 has run faster, but on this particular day, with these conditions, these were the results.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'd like to see a actual timeslip. This is the internet (could be a little misled) so skeptical. Was there tech tear down, if not it is irrellevant.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it straight from Black Magic. Go onto their site and sign up for their performance news. You will receive e-mails from them. They send out special internet offers on their products,Info on testing they have done. And Go fast ideas.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by CatzAzz@Nov 2 2002, 08:07 PM
I got it straight from Black Magic. Go onto their site and sign up for their performance news. You will receive e-mails from them. They send out special internet offers on their products,Info on testing they have done. And Go fast ideas.
my email adress is [email protected] if you would like to send it to me, thanks. Dave.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok was this a stock race? what class was this? Last numbers I saw the thunder cat was only getting around 118mph, lets talk more stock numbers, I know there are a lot of people who do some mods, but I bet this was more of a full mod set up. Just have to wait for winter to see how every sled will run then lets strart the talk and bs stories!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
All 3 sleds were modified. ZR 900, F7 and the RX-1 They all used a 21" rollout so the times are lower than you would see in REAL asphalt or grass drags. It's kinda like the heydays Bull..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bad Cats is the one who published this first,He owned all three sleds-The Rx1 was stock,couldnt get gears for changes,Yamaha didnt have any.Both cats were stock except for gear changes &clutching.He went on to say that the F7 would be the fastest 03 sled from one end of the lake to the other

·
Registered
677 Posts
Those f7's are fast sleds but there is no way they are running 122mph,i will have to see that to believe it.they were made for snowcross and trail rideing where you need hard corner to corner accelleration,they are not top end machines.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i can see them that high but i think the 900 would out do the f7 even if it is heavier and if they had mods then it would be no contest for the 900 they f7 would lag behind not get faster speeds they are both nice sleds none the less and i wouldnet mind owning one

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would hope that the 900 could beat the f7,i read in the spring issue of american snowmobiler that the 900 and i quote"This is the heart of our new muscle sled"explained product manager Joel Hallstrom.It makes [email protected] lbs of torque.this sled was made to replace the T-Cat,it is made for screaming across the lake,the f7 was not so those numbers arent makeing sence to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When GLS was asked this question he said they would be close but on top end the F7 would be a couple mph faster than the 900.This was after he had tested them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I won't believe a thing until I see it for my self, everyone has a story and everyone will say what they feel or give a buntch of BS, the F7 will be a good runner, how will it compare?? good will it beat a 9 ????????? will it out run all 8s NO weight and HP are there BUT CATs are not good at straight racing, oval yes DRAGS NO time will tell, will have to wait and see. #s talk, BS walks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts