Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone at the races on sunday at pei, I herd that the f7 lost to the rx1. There were two rx1 the f7 bet one but not the other. The dealer said the f7 was stock. They came in second place, he said the rx1 must have work done, what do u think. ???

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
:( Oh no

This can NOT be true

The F7 lost a race,looks like Cat is about to fold and go into receivership :(

Are you saying a RX-1 beat a F7 ??? ;)

I thought that the F7 was the greatest and fastest sled around this year

·
Registered
185 Posts
One word,

TURBOCHARGER!!!!

Saw one on a RX1 out in Syracuse NY, care of Bender Racing in Buffalo NY.....they say it puts out sick horsepower, I can't remember for sure, but I think it was around 200 or more.....

Pretty sick either way, for a 600 lb + - snowmobile!!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
that dosent sound right it beat one but lost to the other it had to hae had mods in it if the f7 was stock

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read that with a turbocharged RX-1 can push out 300h.p. with very high octane,dont remember the number :doh: Just what i read...........

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by FreezerBurnt@Nov 7 2002, 08:13 PM
:( Oh no

This can NOT be true

The F7 lost a race,looks like Cat is about to fold and go into receivership :(

Are you saying a RX-1 beat a F7 ??? ;)

I thought that the F7 was the greatest and fastest sled around this year
The RX-1 would have to do something to beat a stock F7, ain't gonna' do it stock for stock.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally posted by SteveCZ@Nov 7 2002, 08:28 PM
One word,

TURBOCHARGER!!!!

Saw one on a RX1 out in Syracuse NY, care of Bender Racing in Buffalo NY.....they say it puts out sick horsepower, I can't remember for sure, but I think it was around 200 or more.....

Pretty sick either way, for a 600 lb + - snowmobile!!!!
The RX-1 @ Bender racing with the Turbo Charger had 220 HP. On the saame floor there wasa ZR? 1050 and at that booth they said they were getting 240 out of that

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bender has three kits, a 180, a 240, and a 3 something horse kit. The 180 kit is a trail kit and is very reliable horsepower. You can't get a two stroke to run a turbo like a four stroke. The reliability just isn't there.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Freezerburnt, sounds like you're a little bitter!? :sarcasm:

·
Registered
269 Posts
All the cat guys are the same...my ol' man is a die hard cat guy...if he wins a race its because the cats are just sooo fast..and if he losses he some how dosen't remember it or the other guy had a tunnel ram hidden under the hood, or some other reason like the snow wasn't right or some crap like that...when you line up thats it...you see the guys machine...you know the chances....if your going to wine if you loose don't line up!!

I love my ol' man dearly, but man he's got the excuses if he losses...just like all the other cat guys...well most of them i should say

well that should have ruffled a few feathers... :sly:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I didn't write that reply with that in mind, i guess it just struck a funny bone in me between me and my dad always going back and forth and thats what came out...that wasn't writen in anger or anything sorry if it came across wrong.

the whole thread just sounded like me and my 'ol man going at it about how the F7 should not have lost unless the RX-1 was hopped up..thats all... ???

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I know how those ole men and their stories can be!!! :D :p

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
the RX1 doesnt have any problems that a few grand wont fix................hell for the kind of money its going to cost to get that thing competative I would prefer to have a couple new two stoke sleds parked in my garage.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ive seen a Rx-1 drive both publicly and privatly and theres no way it won against a F7. I wonder if even the turbo charged RX-1 could have pulled them off.

From what ive seen from these sleds so far, there a amazing touring sled with some major zip, But no racer.

We had some snow in the last week and I had the oppertonity to drive my buddies RX-1.

It is one major nice sled, it is very quiet and smooth, It felt a lot like the mach Z.

Powerwize it felt like a well running 600. I didnt want to top out or destroy my buds sled so i sort of took it easy.

Top speed is still a question. But in a drag stock for stock the RX-1 is pretty tame.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey highlander thats aload of crap and you know it!!The highlands that you and I sled in will tell the tale .Before that so called race you were at an F-7 too 700s, 700triple, 800 stock and placed in 1000 stock only one two weeks early.There was know way a ''stock " RX-1 won little lone place in the finals that time !!Bottom line don`t shovel it the ski-doo`s boys are buy it.Or maybe that a good thing. Cape Breton Stock.......................

1 - 20 of 38 Posts