Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of any aftermarket EFI chips for the F7? If so has anyone seen horsepower curves, or ratings with the chips? I havse already looked at D&D and Blackmagics sites, but nothin there yet.

:devil:

·
Registered
483 Posts
You may want to contact either of those companies, I know D&D has a message board where you can ask questions, they reply pretty quick. If they don't have one listed yet, I'm sure it wont be too long until they do.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Black magic has something for the F7. Its in their new 2003 catalog.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just add a power commander II too it.....

I have one for my 99 ZR600 efi.
and looking at how it connects up on the efi my sled makes me think that it could go on the F7 firecat the same way.

It links between the the wires to the injectors with plugs. and runs a tap wire to the throttle position sensor white wire.

www. powercommander.com

empak

·
Registered
442 Posts
unfortuanately that wont work either on all the 02 EFI's cats programmed the EFI so that if any alterations of any kind made to it wouldn't allow the engine to run good or at all and you would have to buy a whole new brainbox for the EFI. Arctic cat caught on to the people that were using programmers and were blowing their motors Cat was getting way to many claims on their EFI sleds which made them programs the brain box like that

i know it sucks but you cant blaim cat for doing it

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I read in snowtech that you can send the efi module into cat and they will reprogram it for $100 but it voids the warrenty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts