Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently riding a 97 Polaris 800 Storm and like the machine alot, but its alot of weight and its not very easy to throw around like these new twins with comparable power. Would either of these models the F7 or 600 HO compare to my 800 triple in power? Now from what I have seent he REV is a completely different swowmobile its a new design and is supposed to be easy to throw around on the trail. The way you sit on the snowmobile is completely different. I think it sounds great but the F7 is awesome too. Its design, longer and narrower track make it tempting too. The weight on the F7 is very good as well, that LCD Speedo/Tach sounds awesome! Maby I am going to get biased answers for putting this question in this forum but I had to put it somewhere...

What can you guys tell me? Any owners of these fine sled speak up I would love to hear from ya.

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
348 Posts
f7 got some power, and the hp to weight ratio is very impressive i did see them at hay days this year one word wow! and i dont ride cat, i ride polaris. My parents ordered a f7 and f5 through tha cat race program will see how they go for this upcoming speed run season check out our website as soon as the ice hardens here we will post the results www.cseracing.com. Not too familiar with the doo though to bad you could not test the sleds before you bought them.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I would get the cat it would be more like the ride you have compared to having to learn the upright type handling on the REV>

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you want something light fast and alright handaling go with the F7. If you want something light not so fast go with the Rev 600 H.O. It also depends how you ride your sled depending if you like to push them.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Look at both manufacturers track record as far a dependability. Do want to wait for parts and then wrench or ride?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They both seem like amazing machines, I read what machz had to say about the REV HO and it sounded amazing. On the trail it may be the single best sled out there. Does anyone know if the F7 will beat the 600 HO REV on the lake? And do these machines compare in weight, I am sure the firecat is pretty light but the REV may not be so bad either.

Maby I won't go wrong either way I choose ;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Go with the dealer who you think is best and will go out of their way for you, when you need them.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you want the faster one the f7 is a bit faster. if you want to go more then a mile before engine changes get the doo.

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mighty RX-1@Dec 2 2002, 10:32 PM
Look at both manufacturers track record as far a dependability. Do want to wait for parts and then wrench or ride?
As someone who has owned AC's and Doo's, I had to wait longer for parts for the Doo that the Cats. 3 days at the most for Cat, week to 10 days for Doo.

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by SKI-DOOD@Dec 3 2002, 03:34 AM
If you want the faster one the f7 is a bit faster. if you want to go more then a mile before engine changes get the doo.
F7= :D
600HO= :sleeping:
The question comes down to...Do you really want to get spanked every time you pull that HO up against an F7?

·
Registered
692 Posts
doooo

i have had no problem getting DOO parts from ingles perf. in some cases overnight with out asking for it!
if you want to pay all the $$$$$$ for parts try a you can join mighty rx prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr yamaha!

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you are buying a sled this year. Buy the Rev 600ho. You dont have to "learn" a new riding style. You adapt to it and actually you will be amazed at how natural it feels.
The F7 has some major issues! Wait a year or two till they get these engine issues figured out.
It may be fast but alot of them have ended up right back at the dealers.
I am sure they will get it figured out.

You will be very happy with the power of the rev 600 ho, and if still want more power, go to the rev 800

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't do the Doo
Go F7 all the way
I have one. You'll be much happier with the Cat trust me. Two buddies have revs and they hate em!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Until now, I have never heard or read of a single person that "hates" their REV...

The Firecat is a great looking machine and an excellent performer, but I chose the machine that I thought was more REVolutionary. As you can tell in my sig, I am not partial to any one brand. My next machine will almost no doubtedly be a Polaris :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think we need to wait till about March, get some miles on these sleds. Then everyone can make an educated comment. Right now it's brand loyalty showing.

just my .02

FZ700

1 - 19 of 19 Posts