Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if u guys were to guess which one is faster, both through the trails and open straight aways which one. i have 99 zrt 800 hopped up, but too heavy to keep up  with my dad on his 2002 t-cat. i mean he rides through trails like its a 500, i don't know maybe its experience hes 40 6'2" 235lbs riding since he was 10 vs. me 20 5'11" 178lbs ridin since i was 8.
i need help

·
Registered
110 Posts
Depends on what type of riding you do for the tight twistys in the trails and through the woods you would have to go with the f7, but if you mostly run the lakes and roads go with the zr900!  

·
Registered
448 Posts
The F7 sounds like a weapon!  There's only 12 hp difference between the F7 & the ZR9, with what, 70 pounds difference.  I think it'll be interesting to see how fast the F7 is!  I bet it'll walk away from a ZR8!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think it will walk away on a ZR 900 if its what they say it is. Find out on thursday, the Cat show is in town.  

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just looked at the ZR 900 at the Cat show in Gaylord and the engine on that sled appears to be mounted fairly high up, so I would be a little leary about the handling on a tight trail.  This is a big hunk of Alum. to be mounted up so high.  I asked a Cat guy which was faster, all I got was a funny grin for an answer.  Sit on the Firecat before you decide, after I tried the Firecat the ZR just felt old and outdated, you can really move around on the FireCat.  It just depends on how you want to use the sled (lakes or trails).  Oh by the way,  the toolbox for the Firecat is tucked into a pocket between the seat/tank junction.  Good idea??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts