Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) ;) I know everyones worried about there F7 possibly having problems and quite frankly I was going to buy an F5 this year but since it was the first year i didnt. But does FOUR sleds you HEARD about having problems going to scare you. Also you should know that they where probably DEALER related problems. Remeber that these rumors were probably started by people who hated the sled anyway. The key word is HEARD!!!!!! Not saying those people are wrong but havent you people took this thing to far? I mean has there EVER been a sled with no problems whatsoever on its first year. There are people with F7s that have ridden them over 50miles so far and have never had any indication of burndown. Dont get mad at me now. :nervous: :) lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by StAyFrOsTy@Nov 30 2002, 11:04 PM
;) ;) I know everyones worried about there F7 posibly having problems and quite frankly I was going to buy a F5 this year but since it was the first year i didnt. But does FOUR sleds you HERD about having problems going to scare you. Also you should know that they where probably DEALER related problems. Remeber that these rumors where probably started by people who hated the sled anyway. The key word is HERD!!!!!! Not saying those people are wrong but havent you people took this thing to far? I mean has there EVER been a sled with no problems whatsoever on its first year. There are people with F7s that have rode them over 50miles so far and have never had any indication of burndown. Dont get mad at me now. :nervous: :) lol
I know everyones worried about there F7 POSSIBLY having problems, and quite frankly I was going to buy AN F5 this year but since it was the first year I didnt. But does FOUR sleds you HEARD about having problems going to scare you. Also you should know that they where probably DEALER related problems. Remeber that these rumors WERE probably started by people who hated the sled anyway. The key word is HEARD!!!!!!Not saying those people are wrong but havent you people TAKEN this thing to far? I mean has there EVER been a sled with no problems whatsoever on its first year. There are people with F7s that have RIDDEN them over 50miles so far and have never had any indication of burndown. Dont get mad at me now.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It's HEARD. Corrected spelling. It is alot more than 4 F-Series sleds, Arctic will never disclose the numbers. But it could potentially happen to most (no Kidding). I even go thru my reed cage to make sure all screws are tight and reed petals are not stuck or defective. Preventitive digging into will save manya headache. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sorry my spelling sucks when im typing fast. I guess i found out that when typing I spell heard "herd" ??? ??? :p lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was jk :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sharkey your right everyone should check their sled. But all im saying is that the F7 owners don't need to be scared that everyones F7 is going to blow up. Cause it seems to me people from other brands are starting to bash on a potential problem that could or could not happen. But im not saying you shouldn't get it checked out on the sled. Also all the other small problems(fuel lines, oil lines, etc) and besides wouldn't you check these things on any sled? ;) ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
With the money we pay these days for a new sled we should not need to check anything! When was the last time you purchased a new car or truck and started checking everythingout. This just goes to show you that all the mfg's want is the money and not want to back the product!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
;) Dude you have to remember that these are high performance snowmobiles here (sorta). You dont see nascar drivers not checking there stuff before a race do you? I mean a car manufacturer has probably made cars for 60 years. No wonder there reliable. :D lol

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
It would appear AC has some real issues with assembley/dealer prep on these sleds.
Talked to a buddy who went out with another guy with an F-7 last night. They went less then 5 miles before 3 out of the 4 engine bolts fell out and of course the sled ground to a halt. Towed it back and pulled and pushed it on the trailer.
Upon looking it over today they have also found both fuel and oil lines rubbing and partially cut plus wires doing the same.
Being a green guy myself this is certainly not a bash but come on AC less then 10 miles and parts are falling off, nothing short of ridiculous.
To the dealer that did the supposed prep, you should be ashamed.
Rick.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sled manufactuers such as polaris have been making them for 50 years. So has doo and cat has been making them for a long time too. all hes saying is that for 8000 bucks you shouldnt have to take it BACK to the dealer and get 10 problems fixed, and still be worried about it. what fun is paying 8000 bucks for a statue that has a motor that doesnt work!? ??? even if it is backed by warranty you cant use it till its fixed. Look the the people waiting for their pistons to come in. for 8 or 9 grande you should have a sled that is ready to go. and the firecats are not sno-x sleds. so they shouldnt have to be maintained like one.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I get the feeling there was far too many last minute details that got overlooked trying to get the sleds to market this season. Poor dealer prep seems to be the biggest culprit not that theres any excuse on AC's part for not dealing with this stuff on the production line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts