Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved from a ZR to a F7 SnoPro and was putting my spare belt on the belt holder on top of the clutch cover. I noticed that the belt is almost touching the exhaust pipe and the Fox air shock pump really doesn't fit real well either. Any other F7 owners have a problem with exhaust pipe heat damaging the spare belt and if you have Fox air shocks where do you store the pump? It looks kind of delicate.

·
10,054 Posts
my belt is on the belt gaurd and I have had no problems with it,,, as for the air pump, I dont have the air shocks so I dont worry about it,,, LOL DoubleA has them on his firecat and he simply wraps his air pump in a towel and puts it in his trunk. No problems with it so far,,,

·
Registered
496 Posts
I mounted it on the front air box across the front with the old metal belt holder. I never bring my pump any were.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I keep my spare belt on the clutch cover of my King Cat, and put the air pump inside the belt. I know its a different chassis, but the pump storage may help you

·
Registered
167 Posts
The belt is rather close to the exhaust, in its factory location. I've kept it there since day one though and never had it get damaged from the pipe....
As for the air pump, do as others have said, wrap it in a towel and keep it in the back compartment. OR get yourself a windshield bag since the F series sleds back storage is rather small anyways. I LOVE my windshield bag. I can fit a 1 liter soda completly in it..or a large gatorade bottle with the neck sticking out, and just zipper the bag tight on both sides of it. Its invaluable to be able to carry a drink on the trails, without it being in your way or in your pocket. Sometimes ya get a bit thirsty out there after some hard riding. :thumbsup:
I have the full sized windshield bag, also with the full sized red chromed windshield.....you cannot even tell the bag is there from the front, unlike some bags. It doesnt look bad at all from the back side either, nice and low profile. My only complaint with it, the bag blocks the headlight adjustment screws...they should have made a cutout (or zipper) inside the bag to access them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts