Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type, Sno Pro or Standard, suspension on the F7 do you recommend? My riding is aggressive and I do a lot of ditch riding. I weigh around 175lbs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Very good question....I've heard that the standard and sno-pro are stiffer than the zr's (std. and CC).  If this is the case it seems that the standard firecat would be suitable.  Then the next question...you can't stud the 1.375" track, can you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would think that if you weigh 175 lbs the standard suspension would be adequate.  Go here -- this may help.

Personally I went with the Sno Pro, but I have about 100lbs on you!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am getting the sno pro suspension on my F7.  The only thing that i am worried about is the 1.375 inch track because it will limit top end but increase take off.  Its a hard desision.  I know im getting the sno pro package, but i might just ask them to put a standard 1 inch track on it instead. What do you think?

·
Registered
125 Posts
dave7625 - In our group we have found that the unstudded 1.25" tracks have more top end than the 1" with 192 studs in them.  This is from a direct comparison of "before and after" comparison.  I would not worry about top end with an unstudded 1.375" track.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being new to Arctic Cat, what type of adjustment does the suspension have? If I get the Sno Pro can it be softened up some??

F7 Team Arctic Red

·
Registered
84 Posts
The only adjustment that you will get is the rear springs and the front arm coil over shock.  For example if the Sno Pro is too stiff for you and the springs are all on the lightest settings, the only way to soften it any more would be to have the shocks re-valved.  Did you read the article that I posted above???  I really (IMO) think that you will be fine with the standard.  

Also as a point of comparision, I bought a standard 01 ZR and when I added the coupling kit to it, I barely bottom it and I weigh 260+ and ride aggressively.

·
Registered
582 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zr800man @ April 02, 2002, 07:08am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dave7625 - In our group we have found that the unstudded 1.25" tracks have more top end than the 1" with 192 studs in them.  This is from a direct comparison of "before and after" comparison.  I would not worry about top end with an unstudded 1.375" track.[/b][/quote]
thats a good comparison.  Thanks a lot. But which track had the better accereation, if it were hard packed the studs would easily win, but loose snow the 1.25 would. But if i did get the 1 inch track i would only get 96- 144 studs, and im not sure what pattern it would be so maybe the amount i would get would change due to the skinnier and lengthened track.  And  if i had a 1.25 track i would want to stud it... did you run the 1 inch with 192 studs vs. any 1.25 with 96 studs, thats would be interesting on the out come.  If i did get a 1.375 inch track i would most likely put on 96 studs, maybe im not sure, i might just go with a 1 inch with 96 studs, that should be good enough, or maybe i will just keep the standard 1.375 and if i feel the top end isnt enough, i will just buy a 1 inch. what do you think?

·
Registered
47 Posts
if you do decide to stud your track i would go with at least 144 studs due to the horsepower.  if you only go with 96 there is a good chance of tear out or bending studs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dave7625 - I have a 1.25" track with 144 1.4" studs in it.  I found absolutely no downfalls to this track setup..performance or reliability after 2k miles.  This thing actually excelled anywhere from really hardpack trail all the way up to powder.  Even on icy road type surfaces I had as good of traction as the guy's with a 1" studded. (we both would spin a little).
I also ride with 1.5" paddles without studs and my personal feeling is that I need studs.  I am also thinking of buying a Firecat, and I would get the 1" and put in 144 1.25" studs (maybe more if needed down the road) rather than the 1.375".
Good luck deciding!

·
Registered
48 Posts
there is 51 lugs to be studded on the firecat instead of 96 it will be 102 and instead of 144 it will be 153 also u can only stud the middle of the firecat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts