Snowmobile World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Ski-doo guy, but I thought you Arctic Cat people would like to see this. I spoke to a guy who races asphalt drags. Supposedly, they ran an F7 to a best of 10.54 @122 mph at Union Grove, WI. Elevation there is about 700 - 750' above sea level, I don't know the temp. or barometric pressure. It was fairly stock, but obviously geared for 1320', and was running a narrow 10" asphalt track. I don't know if he was telling the truth, but I was impressed with those numbers. Thought you would like to know. He also said his ZR500 best was 11.90 @ 103 mph.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah that's nice run hehehe but we'll have to see how the F7 does in snow can't wait to hear about it. :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm not buying those numbers either unless the sled is modded then thats a diff story

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
A 10 inch track would not pass as a legal stock substitute, for that sled. 50 % lighter I suppose than a 15 inch or 13 inch stock type.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I'm sure the light track helps, but even though it is only 10" wide, it is longer too, so the weight should be close to the same. I guess it is really simple to set up for asphalt, since the suspension is so narrow, you just pull out the slides and run it. He said that the stock bogie wheels are spaced enough and give you enough standoff so that the track doesn't hit the rails. He siad they added one set of wheels up fornt, but that was it. If those numbers are real, I would be impressed. I can tell you that they are tough in the grass drags. I have raced them a few times now, and they are fast. They give even a set-up SRX a run and have beat them many a time. Impressive for a 700, even though it's still a cat... :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts