Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to the dealer yesterday to order the new sled. And while I was there I talked to a service guy there that had gone to some grass drags the w/e before. He told me ther was about 8 or 9 F7's and a couple ZR9's present. He told me the F7's totally dominated the drags, and went on to say he didnt think the 900's would have a chance to catch up even in a long race. I wasnt to sure about that, but they(f7's) do seem to be quite a sled. I am still thinking about calling the dealer and changing over to a 900, Just easier to build and a little more stable on the snow. He did say the F7 got a little squirly at very high speeds, but what doesnt? Just thought i would share some info. Happy Trails...... :nervous:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I saw them both and the 900 was a screamer,not even close. Now I'll admit that the f7 wasn't studded. But the way the 900 hooked and then ran on top the 7 won't come close. Even the unstudded RX-1's outran the F-7
Caleb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, he said all sleds were stock that he talked about, forgot to mention that. I didnt see any of this, this is what was told to me by the service guy i talked to. It just made sense to me being how much lighter the F7 is and only 10 horse less.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
There may only be about 10hp difference on top, but what is the torque difference between the two(F7 and 900), and what is the difference in the powerband? That is where the big difference comes in. ;)

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
:withstupid: Powerband is very important. And i agree everything gets that squirly especially when you are going faster then you ever have on any other sled.... it would staighten out better if it had a little more weight but thats a comprmise... light weight with that much HP will result in a lack of stability

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree that doing 120 mph on the F7 will be a little scary. The 900 will be a lot more stable. Also, the big difference is the torque. I think the F7 has like 90 ft-lbs and the 900 has 110. Also, the 900 makes over 100 ft-lbs I think at anything over 5000 rpm. If you can clutch it to put the power to the ground, it should be a real arm stretcher and beat most other sleds out of the hole. Except for the RX-1 - That's to be seen yet.

Greg Spaulding has said that the 900 is like the classic V8 muscle car, compared to the F7 being a lighter sports car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts