Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the special edition f7 with the sno pro suspension, my buddie has last years model of the yamahahahah viper, he is already worried about mine being faster/more agile on the trail, that's all he's worried about is speed, but anyways, he is already sending me e-mails about supposed recalls or service bulletins, something about the heat exchangers. Is this true, or is he filling me full of bull. Any info would be appreciated. later dudes

-sunpraire, wi

·
Registered
40 Posts
he may be full of crap, trying to scare you because he's scared,,,lol. on hardcore sledder they have a forum in there where one of the engineers from cat answered some questions..the firecat is a little heavier because of bigger heat exchangers,, due to the fact that the originals were iceing over,, ps can't wait to pick up mine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, just got back up from the shop (garage) was working on my 91 jag 440 afs, but anyways, as far as the bigger heat exchangers, are these already on my sled, or is this something that has to be done to it, haven't heard anything, so any information would be greatly appreciated

see ya on the trail, later dudes

·
Registered
40 Posts
i'm sure you know by now.that the official production weight of the f-7 is 458 lbs. according to the engineer at cat,part of the weight increase was due to the fact that the heat exchangers on the prototype sleds were to small and in some cases iced over and created an air pocket between the exchanger and the ice, this was causing the sleds to overheat,so cat had to redesign the heat exchanger to overcome this problem,,according to greg (the engineer) all the fire cats have the new exchangers on them that is part of the weight increase

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info, actually this is the first i have heard of this, guess i haven't been following this close enough, so there isn't anything else you have heard about as far as changes then?? I am going to the green Bay, wisconsin show this weekend, i may have to ask the Cat rep's a couple of questions.

See ya

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by madmike@Nov 5 2002, 08:41 PM
hardcore sledder they have a forum in there where one of the engineers from cat answered some questions.
:blahblah: Hey firecat freak this is a good and detailed site of the new firecat current problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts