Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, you guy`s in the know...what do you think the 2003 f7 will run in 500`
I`m thinking grass drag prepped by good guy`s, to the limit on the rules,  5.65`s @86mph. ####, xxxxxxx x xxxxxx thats fast, any comments?
??

Last edited by newf at May 20, 2002, 11:40am

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it will be faster than you're guessing. there are plenty of Doo 700's out there running 5.6's. What did the 800 twin Cat run in the grass last year? I've heard from good sources that the F7 runs away from the 800 until top-end.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talkin stockers, theres only a handfull of mxz700`s runnin 5.7`s in stock  isr trim, correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They ran the 02-800 efi aginst the f7...the guy on the f7 was 25 pounds heaver then the guy on the 800.the f7 beat it out of the hole and right up to top end...it was not even close wade west of amsnow rode this.....gls{greg spalding the head engineer for the f-series}also said that he had the f7 to 120+ on the gun..this is with ideal ice conditions and the 1 inch track...the 02 800 carb will only 113 on the gun there is ur comparsion!

·
Registered
229 Posts
ballsout1 you are correct, the best 700 stockers in the country run low 5.7's at HayDays(last year). An F7 running 5.65 would truly be amazing. I guess we'll just have to wait for the real deal this fall.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My interest is spurred, I beleive the mxz 700`s will be no match for the f7`s, at least on paper it doesnt seem close, I`m a doo guy but thef7, at least right now seems to be the sled to beat and  if the numbers are correct 5.6`s are  too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Greg spalding answered a question today. it asked  how will the zr 900 compare to the f7 with it's new gears?...he said that those  two sleds were almost identical.he said he would give a vary slight advantage to the 900....for a 700 running neck and neck with a 900 it is  unreal...that is good news for all us f7 owners and bad news for all the compation!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
What I don't understand is how does the F7 keep up with the 900 when it has less hp and less torque.  Even if you consider that it is lighter, I can't think it would be able to make up 10 hp and 10 ft-lbs of torque.  Reading that the F7 will keep up with the 900 makes me feel pretty good about the 900 I ordered.  It does seem that it is unbelievable performance for a 700, but at least I know that the sled I ordered is proven.  I wanted an F7, and more inportantly EFI, but I couldn't deal with spending  $7000 on something that I have never seen or don't know about it's performance or what changes will be made before I get it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm going to put Puma stickers on my T-Cat so you F-7 guys will leave me alone this next winter.
I've heard they can get close to 170 hp with these things, not sure if its true but WOW what a rocket it would be...

·
Registered
48 Posts
 i dont know how it can keep up either but weight does make a big difference.......in drag racing every 100 pounds droped is worth a 10th second or roughly 10 hp or a 1/2 a car length..it makes a huge difference if there is a big weight difference...so u take it there is 10 hp between them and roughly 60 pounds that closes the gap pretty good .....so if u take the power to weight ratio there is only 3-4 hp between them then cause of the weight....that is what makes them close runners i think.The same goes for the t- cat and the 900....that is why the they two are close cause of the weight issue...my dealer had a 02 900 and it beat 2 ..02 t-cats at the races.1/2 mile run..take the weight between them..what a 100 more pounds...weight does make a hugh difference.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thats exactly right, the 900's don't scare me much, plus the 02 were detuned dogs. We had one on a dyno and it put out about 160 horses. The added reverse gear limits there gearing and according to out dealer rep all 02 were down a little so it wasn't just the one we dynoed.
I saw a pic of a F-7 coming out of the hole and it looked like to me there was 100% weight transfer, it leaped out of the hole it didn't stand up and the track didn't suck into the tunnel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts