Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick and tired of all the hype about the f7 and how fast it is.Everywhere i go all i hear is how fast it is and how it's going to dominate everything at the drags.I like many other doo heads were i'm from are disapionted with how slow the mxz 800's are and we know they stand no chance against the f7's so our only hope lies with the the biggest badboy that bomber has ever built,the mighty MACHZ.Somebody please tell me that the MACH will still reign supreme,i couldn't stand it if she went down to a 700 twin and a cat at that.I think the MACH still has the magic,what do you guy's think

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
F-7='s mogal mashing beast, ZR900 ='s F-7 Predator. MachZ=King of the Lake,till the 900 shows up lol. F-7 is nice but I believe alot of people will get tired of the man handling required on long distance rides.
Caleb

·
Registered
316 Posts
You have to be kidding! The Mach Z will dominate the F-7 on good hardpacked snow on lake. I have seen the F-7 run and it runs at the front of the 700 pack and in with the 800 twins. But, it is in no way a triple killer. To give it its due, it dominates the 700 class sleds, just like the Polaris 600 dominated the 600 class for the last few years.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just got back from the local drags. Lets just say the Mach is still the king. The f7 ran good for a 700 but no match, for the mach. Then came the high dollar overpriced sleds, RX1 what anticipation i could hardly stand it, you guessed it the mach ate him for lunch. Then the zr900 this sled gave the mach the best run but still came up short. These were all stock sleds straight out of the box. Granted the suspension on the mach could use some help but never bet against a mach, unless you just feel generous. This is hot off the grass no hype just the facts weather you like it or not. Oh yea that was 1000ft. any less is a waste of gas. IMO. :p

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amen...The MACH still has the magic,i knew she wouldn't let us down,and i agree anything under 1000ft is a waist of time.

·
Registered
259 Posts
From what I have expereinced the F7s haven't been doing that well. So many people seem to watch the local grass drags. Those types of events are always biased because there is always a better showing from one particular brand. The best place to look is the haydays because everybody who is anybody is there. Its a showing of the best of the best and thats where the results are going to be. The firecats are nowhere to be found in the results...did they even run them at the haydays or did they not make it to the finals?

·
Registered
442 Posts
the F7's and F5's couldn't run at hayday because there weren't even in production yet, however cat did have four or five F7's there which they had an exhibition run with. according to those results the F7 ran some incredibile times and the sleds were teched just like everyother sled that was there competing. according to greg spaulding the sleds were not tweaked to produce a better showing but who knows for sure anyway..

anyhow the best time for the F7 was a 5.366 at 90mph campare that to the REV 800 which ran a 5.5-5.6 at 84 mph it looks like the REV comes out of the gate hard but the F7 really reals it in in the mid-range and on top

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I'm a cat man for the most part and will say there is no way an F7 will hang with a mach in anything over 660'. Some tweaked F7s may be able to hang with it to around 100mph but then that where the 3x3 just starts to stretch its legs.haha
BTW what was that mach racing agianst in that clip? Looked kinda like a poo, but he blew by it so fast it was hard to get a good look!! :nervous:

·
Registered
261 Posts
THE TIMES AND SPEEDS AT HAYDAY'S WERE A LITTLE DECIEVING, THE F7'S ACTUALLY STARTED ABOUT 15 TO 20 FT. BEHIND THE STARTING LINE BECAUSE THEY DID'NT WANT EXIBITION RUNS TEARING UP THE START LINE, SO ACTUALLY THEY ENDED UP GETTING A ROLLING START. THATS WHERE THE EXTRA SPEED AND LOWER ET. CAME FROM. THEY WERE STILL FAST BUT PROBABLY CLOSER TO REV 600 HO.S

·
Registered
310 Posts
well i can believe the F7 beating the MXZ800 or REV800, doo's twins arent made for top end.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Up to 60mph, the F7. After that, I would have to say all Mach Z. They are really two different animals. The F7 is quick, but an all out muscle sled its not. It will make a great trail sled, and will do well in grass drags in the 700 and 800 classes.

·
Registered
852 Posts
In 500` with sleds set up by people in the know there is no match, the f7 will take it. Now on the other hand if its less than world class tuners then its a toss up, and yes I`m a doo guy......read it and weep.. Stock machs well prepped run 5.5`s a well prepped f 7 will run 5.4`s, thats true, almost unbeleivable , but true, almost like a budwieser commercial..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If the F-7's run like the one at our local drags a couple weeks ago the Mach could pull a plug and still beat it!
It was barely beating 600 mxz's and xc's

1 - 20 of 75 Posts