Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumors circulating at my cat dealer of a F9. Sounds good to me and I will have one. Saw a F5 stock doing 6.4 sec runs with some clutching. We will see how they do this weekend at the Grass Drags. Only makes sense that cat would monopolize on this chasis and engine setup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
no offense but why would cat come out with an f6 when the f5 ahs almost as muchhp as a normal 600?

·
Registered
442 Posts
the F5 puts out about 104 horse and the current 600's put out at least 115 im betting if cat came out with an F6 it would have atleast 120 horse to compete with doo's 600HO and not only that but a 104-140 horsepower jump is quite a lot in terms of acceleration and insurance rates to boot

i would bet on seeing a F6 comming fairly soon if not i can always say the shoulda :D

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
It honestly seems to me to be unecessary. An F9 is much more realistic as compared to an F6 i think the F5 is a good replacement for the 600

·
Registered
33 Posts
It will be an F-6. That is the largest selling displacement in the industry. Cat's 600 has left something to be desired for a while now.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well, if it is an F6, how ticked off are the guys that ordered an F5 or F7 going to be? If I had bought, I know I would be, don't even get a ride in yet and coming out with a new model. Guess that's why I'll wait one more year ;)

·
Registered
959 Posts
i say that they would go with a f6 then put a 440 on the chasse for sno-x and then get a 900 or 1000 cc with a long track for light weight mountain..my .02

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My moneys on an F-6 release shortly after christmas and an 1100 or bigger ZR 4-stroker in late Jan or early Feb.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Highly doubt the F9, cause it wont fit, wouldn`t object to seeing a HP four stroker.

·
Registered
384 Posts
a 900 in a light firecat setup?wow that would be a rocket!

·
Registered
403 Posts
No F-9's. No room-thats right from A/C engineer. And a 4-stroke is DEFINATELY out of the question for the F chassis as well.

The only thing I would bet on is a F-6, and thats a big maybe because they have room for that. :hallo3: :hallo10: :hallo10:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The 4-stroke would be in the ZR chassis, not the F-series.

·
Registered
26 Posts
An AC grass dragger on the NSRA circut and a CAT dealer (uses and has ordered the engine for outlaw style track car), Both say the 600 motor exists, estimate hp is in the 125-128 claimed range. The only question is when and will it debut the new gear system or the "black diamond" system that cat purchased the rights to a couple of years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts