Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone thought would be a fair price for a 98 ZR500. I have a chance to buy one for $1500 and was wondering if that seems like a good deal. The sled appears to be in good shape. has 8000 km's. And is clutched and piped. So do you cat heads think $1500 CAD is a fair price for that sled? Are they known for any prolems? Or were they a pretty reliable sled?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Here in the US I could buy that sled for 900.00 - $1,000.00 with 3500-4000 miles.
The used sled market around here is rock bottom.

·
Registered
177 Posts
just about anything that runs is worth around 1500$

you may find some for less... but if it looks clean and solid for the most part... then yes it is a good deal... however... just pop the pipe off real quick and look down the y-pipe(with a flashlight of course) at the pistons... turn over the motor slowly and just take a quick look for scoring or blow-by...

other than that... do it up and give 'er!

·
Registered
580 Posts
That 98 is pretty much the same as my 99' and mine is loads of fun. The 500 is quick but definitly not the fastest thing on the snow and the gas milage just sucks but the chassis is great for running through the twisties. Mine does great in the bumps too. It's an autocrosser not a drag racer. :lol:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Here in the US I could buy that sled for 900.00 - $1,000.00 with 3500-4000 miles.
The used sled market around here is rock bottom.[/b]

Yea, used market around here is great, its a good thing that the prices are so low on used sleds, i was surprised at some of the prices i saw......

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
that is about $1000 cheap for here

they are all $2500 and more

I live in the same basic area that Ice Fisher lives

BTW Cats are in miles if it has 8000 on the Odometer it has 13,000kms(est)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
that is about $1000 cheap for here

they are all $2500 and more

I live in the same basic area that Ice Fisher lives

BTW Cats are in miles if it has 8000 on the Odometer it has 13,000kms(est)[/b]
At least $1000 cheap. Just about anything that runs is worth $1500-2000, and if it's in good shape, it wouldn't be unusual to see someone asking $3000 for that sled.

Does it still have the stock pipe? The fact that it's been piped is the only thing that would scare me away from it.

Obviously with any sled that old you can run into problems that will get pricey quick. Still, you could spend twice that amount and end up with major problems.

I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ya piped would scare me too

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That 98 is pretty much the same as my 99' and mine is loads of fun. The 500 is quick but definitly not the fastest thing on the snow and the gas milage just sucks but the chassis is great for running through the twisties. Mine does great in the bumps too. It's an autocrosser not a drag racer. :lol:[/b]

i agree with joe-it's
a rock solid sled.i bought mine for $1200 usd 2 years ago=with reverse as an add on after factory.but STAY AWAY FROM AFTER FACTORY MODS=BAD MEDICINE AND A RECEIPE FOR TROUBLE.WITH MY GROUP WE SAY=KEEP IT STOCK,STUPID.DON'T ASK FOR TROUBLE!!!
can't beat that cat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts