Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know snowmobiling is a fairly popular sport among families and was just
curious about how many of you other members take the kids out as well.
I take my sone out for five or so good rides during the winter and he loves
it.We pack a lunch and have a nice trail side meal. :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
We will be experimenting with the kids this year. We are going w/other couples who have kids, and the goal is for one couple to stay in the cabin w/kids a day. I figure my son will go w/us for a few hours and then he'll probably stay home after supper time.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If we get some snow in Ohio where we live, I take my son with me whenever I can. Otherwise usually just one trip up to the cottage with the kids, the other trips are for the adults.

·
Registered
430 Posts
My wife and I take our 9 year old daughter 2 times a year and one of those times it's for a week straight. That's what the TT600 is for.
My daughter loves it!! I can only hope that she will want to ride her own in the next few years. I really think it's a great idea if everyone would take either there own kids or there families kids at least a couple times a year. After all they are the future of our sport. Lets give them a good impresion now!!!!! :)

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
We take the kids on the odd little ride but mostly it is Permafrost & myself & various members of Team Renegade, or just me & permafrost.It is the ONLY thing permafrost and I doo as a couple, everything else we doo we doo with children. We take them to the sled races at the Kawartha downs and to grass drags in fenlon falls in November.Horseshoe Valley event they stay with Gramma so everyone gets what they want that day :) :) We love our children dearly, but we doo need a break from the snowbrats once and awhile.Besides they wanna ride their own and neither is old enough for the trail. :D

Last edited by LadyK at Oct 2 2002, 11:07 AM

·
Registered
757 Posts
We do most of our riding as a family with other families. It's not often that I get out the door without "Dad can I go too?" I love it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We plan one mid-week trip with our daughter to Northern Wi a year. She has a Thursday & Friday off in Feb. We tell her that if grades are good and she has homework plans worked out ahead of time, we will pull her out of school on Wed. We leave home Tuesday after work and leave the motel Saturday morning after riding for breakfast, to return back home. That gives us three good days of riding. She's 11 so she can't drive on trails yet. She rides with me on the Pantera while my wife drives the zrt6.

If we have rideable snow at home, we take family rides as often as possible.

My wife and I take a monday-friday off in January for a week trip to northern Wi, while our daughter stays with grandparents.

David

·
Registered
677 Posts
My son has been coming for short rides (in the field in back of the house) with me or his grandfather since his first birthday. This year I plan on taking him on some longer trips on warm days. He is crazy about snowmobiles. :D Instead of bringing me story a book to read, he'll bring me a snowmobile mag. :thumbsup: Things could get expensive in the next couple of years ???

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
We plan on taking the oldest daughter (4 in November) this winter for a few short trips to some of the warm up shacks with toboggan hills. We may take the youngest (2 this past August) on a couple of 2-3 mile trips.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
my son has been riding with me for about 4 years now.he goes on the trips on weekends and our vacation around christmas.I will bet on it getting expensive for you.it has here already and he is just 8.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We have three boys (14,16, and 17 years old) and they all come along with us. Our oldest is in college this year and may not be able to come along every time, but we hope to work it out over his winter break if we have snow. I have 2 other brothers who also ride as a family with their wives and children. Between the 3 of us brothers and our familes we ride 14 snowmobiles. Our family only got out twice last year, but we are looking forward to this winter!! We ride 4-wheelers as well and my wife does not really enjoy getting dirty and there are fewer trails to go on, but that is a different subject.

·
Registered
677 Posts
5youngs,

I bet your Cat dealer takes care of when you walk in the door, or maybe you own the Cat House :yee: The person with the most toys in the end wins. I thought I had a chance... :doh:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Kids,Wife, NO WAY! Man's got to have some time to chill and get away from from the family. Snowmobiling is the ONLY thing I do all year and when the time comes, I'am outta here!!
Besides, there is no way possible I could afford to outfit my wife and daughter to ride. I did try it years ago but all they did was whine and complain so we went our merry ways. :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My son was 6 last season and rode about 1400 of the 2300 or so miles I put on. It takes a few extra stops and shorter rides for him to stay warm but he (just like dad) can't get enough. The wife stays home and enjoys her time alone. Rick.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My wife and I sled together, but our daughters our a little to young. There three and one. I tried to take the the three year old last year but she was way to scared of the noise. Maybe this year. ???

·
Registered
75 Posts
My wife and I have beem riding with our 2 sons for about 11 years now. ( they were 7 & 11). We have done at least 1,000 miles a year almost every year. For the first few the youngest one was on the back of a touring sled or in front of me. They both love riding as much as I do. We still ride 1,500-2,000 miles a year together. My wife and I usually take one or two Canadian trips a year by ourselves. Just make sure the little ones have real warm clothes. What a great family sport!

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Just a reminder everyone: children should NOT be on a snowmobile untill 3yrs of age as their little brain stem could become detached from the spinal cord, and ALWAYS make sure they have a helmet and the proper riding equipment. :) :)

Last edited by LadyK at Oct 3 2002, 10:58 AM

·
Registered
95 Posts
Charlo,

Our Cat dealer has been good to us. They are changing owners right now and I hope they continue the same way of doing business as the former owners did.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts