Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at used sleds for myself and my wife to use until we have the experience to know what we really want. Unfortunately some of them are not well maintained and now I am considering last years model of new sleds but fan cooled to keep the price down. I have been told various stories and cannot sort out the downside of this approach. One person said that a fan cooled would over heat if the temperature was in the low forties and conditions forced driving at a low speed. Is this true? What else could become problematical? Thanks

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
When riding with temps in 40s

YES it would be harder on the fancool sled BUT if you are just trail riding it should be ok,off trail that would be really hard on a fancool sled cause of the heavy wet sticky snow

I would never hesitate on buying another fan if price were right :)

You can find some great deals on used sleds that are well maintained :D

Take your time and don't jump on the 1st sled neither I know its tempting been there done that ???

I have ridden and own many fancool sleds and never had over heating problem cause I knew the limit to my sleds

Besides riding trails when the temps are in the 40s ruins trails and you get wet and cold real fast

Don't be afraid of fancool sleds,they are dependable sleds that offer great experience for a sledder

1 - 2 of 2 Posts