Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys believe what the almanac says?? i know last year they made a complete flop of the forecast, well so did everyone else, i mean every storm we got here in maine, they were like oh this one is gonna be a 18 incher of snow, turned out to be 2" of rain on christmas day.  i sure hope its better this year!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I used to buy the one up here in Canada. When they called for snow , I'd be YES
If they didn't, I'd be like well it can snow if it's cold enough.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ok.  I dont know how much of this is truthfull but i heard that the US sprayed some sort of iodine crystles over salt lake city to garrenty lots of snow for the olympics.  But it left most of the air dry and becasue of that we go little to no snow.  Its also caused a lot of problems for farmer who last i heard were trying to sue for damages.

If this has anything to do with what really happend, its good news for this year.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Here is my theory for this year....nothing scientific..just a gut feeling- last year one of my friends bought a brand new Polaris 600 Classic...as a result...no snow. Just 2 weeks ago a different friend sold his Polaris XC700, he is getting married and building a house  
Based on this fact alone, I think  we are going to get dumped on.  

·
Registered
756 Posts
dry winter (last) dry summer we are due for big snow. let it snow let it snow let it snow

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
winterfreak,
 the farmers almanac is not made by the farmers. this snow season we are due around here because of the precipitation we have had and it is carrying into the fall season here.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea we havent had much rain this summer, except for the begging, like in june, i hope we just get lots of snow in the winter time, but this summer was like last, not much rain, not much snow in the winter so, i dont know.  i just hope we dont get all the precip in the fall and none for winter that would suck.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
The farmers almanac has been accurate over 80% of the time the last 100 years.  With this in mind, being that they blew last years forcast, odds are real good that their forcast for this upcoming winter will be accurate.  The are predicting cold temps and heavy snow

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would have to say the the almanac was pretty close as far as last year for my area in the UP. This year. who knows. I would say that since there is a ---- this year and the last time we had one we got lots of snow I think, so the chances are good. Plus, like someone said, I think I know of two people building houses, and they are having another kid and they both snowmobile and aren't planning on using them this yr. So that helps.
Plus a friend just picked up his new Yamaha RX-1 and that thing is so #### heavy in the front that we told him he better not bury it or else he'll need a tow truck to get it out.  

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
First the RX-1 isn't heavy on the front but equal all around as there is a slight difference in it's weight from front to back . Sorry had to vent.
The Farmers Almanac is calling for a very snowy winter this year theysaid on the news a few night ago. I sure the #### hope so!!!!!!
Caleb

Z

·
0 Posts
Sleddog,

I was in Gaylord and I was Checking out the RX1.   We started talking about sled weight,  so we did our own investigation.   First we walked over to the Doo's,   and I lifted the front end of the Mach Z easily off the ground.   Next,  I tried the Polaris,   and Lifted the front of the Polaris XC800 Quite easily.   Then I went to the RX1.   While I could get the front end off the ground with no Problem,   It was noticeably heavier than the other sleds.   I wouldn't want to help somebody get one unstuck from the deep snow.  

ZMachMan

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
####, I really hate to say this but I agree with ZMachMan. The front of the RX-1 is heavy.  I went by my dealer earlier this week and lifted it.  Definately heavier than my MachZ. The rear was lighter than I rememeber it being.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I trust there will be snow this year.  You guys just have to wait and see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts