Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not all oils are the same nor are all engines. Some engines don't seem to work best with certain oils. (Polaris oil in their 488 fans, for example. Piston crowns develop considerable carbon while the Polaris 340s burning the same gas run nice and clean with the Polaris oil.)

Here in Alaska I know of a 'Cat dealer who doesn't carry OEM oil but stocks Citgo Premium Outboard and Torco Synthetic. Another dealer, a Ski-Doo outfit promotes Phillips Injex rather than their own brand.

I have used several but Citgo and Cabela's Signature Semi-Synthetic Outboard oil have been very good oils in the fans I run.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have used phillips injex in several non exhaust valve sleds with excellent results.  I have yet to try it in my VES sled that I got this year.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I know that they all will work. That is what their engineers designed them for.
The problems I have with the different oils:
1. Most of them cost WAY too much. $27.00 US per gallon is OUTRAGEOUS.
2. Many of them, especially synthetics, especially Ski-Doo oil, stink very bad, like burning plastic.
I just use the cheapest. Arctic Blue at $9 per gal. I would like to use a synthetic that burns cleaner but it is not fair to have to pay $30 for something that I can get for $9 that works too, AND the $9 stuff does not stink, it may be more sooty and smoke more but the smell of many of the other oils is pukeifying!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
i switched to Amsoil bout a 1000 kliks ago with good results.  I became a dealer for the savings. My dodge Ram 2500HD 4X4 Cummins turbo diesel is Amsoiled from front to back.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I run ski-doo synthetic but have gotten sick after smelling it the whole ride.  Well that was off my friends sled.  I am switching to amsoil though!

·
Registered
167 Posts
i started useing amsoil this year and although this season has had very little snow to realy tell it seems to be a very good product hey amsoildealer can you beat the 14$ a gal. price thats on ebay i have bought 2 gal. this way 14 bucks shipped to my door

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I started out using amsoil this year in my new sled. I Love it so far. My friend has a 2001 ZR 800 and he uses OEM, I have 2002 use the amsoil. I don't know if it is the injectors or what but I use about half the oil that he does.  I'm gonna start using this stuff in my Jetski too. I was using Klotz but way too expensive. Amsoil seems great. I would use it in my truck too, but its a lease.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Amsoil is all I use.  The only complaint I have, is it stings the eyes when I run the sled in the garage or enclosed trailer.

FishHog

1 - 20 of 27 Posts