Snowmobile World banner

High Performance Vintage Sleds

• Polaris (Starfires, TXs, and IFS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arctic Cat (Z, Sno pro, King Cat, EXT)

• Mercury (Sno Twister, Trail Twister)

• John Deere (Liquifire, Liquidator)

• Moto Ski (SR, Bullet, IFS)

• Sno*Jet (Thunder Jet, SST F/A)

• Other (Chap, Skiroule, Alouette, Rupp, and the rest)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to start a pole which vintage sled is your favorite high performance sled. I like the Blizzards and the Thunder Jets.

Fell free to post anything, like stories, pictures ect.
Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Where's the button for all of them? :inlove:

There is so many that is really is hard to choose just one

·
Registered
13 Posts
I chose the Ski-doo Blizzard, but I like their counterpart better, The Moto-ski Sonic. Same sled, but the orange and blue is just so beautiful. I plan on finding a Sonic this spring, and restoring it, man I can't wait!

Cory

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am a RV/Sonic Guy, but All Vintage Sleds are Great in My Book. :thumbsup: Doo Love Open Pipe race sleds !!! :inlove:

·
Registered
393 Posts
In my garage sets a '73 eltigre' 400 and a '76 eltigre 5000 In there prospective years they were the winners of the race that is now the I-500! (the models not the actual sleds) If youv'e never rode one of these you don't know what you are missing!

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
In my garage sets a '73 eltigre' 400 and a '76 eltigre 5000 In there prospective years they were the winners of the race that is now the I-500! (the models not the actual sleds) If youv'e never rode one of these you don't know what you are missing!
[/b]

Yup, I had a '73 El tigre'....that thing would absolutely fly!! :cool:
(and it was sharp as hell to look at too....)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
w00t

Attachments

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
My uncle raced polaris in the early to mid 70's....my other uncle had Rupp's :thumbsup: ... and we had Suzuki"s 340 & 440.... And yes I love them all!!! :whistling: But if I had to pick 1 it would have to be the Rupp! :devil:
I also and looking for a Rupp to restore.... so if anyone know where one is drop me a line. :D

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
had every year and engine size z made in the 70's. first cat was a 73 eltigre 340. we also raced a 440 twister. it was one of brad hulings racers than he beat the factories with in 76. man i wish i would of kept them all.

·
Registered
311 Posts
have too agree with puree on this one,but,since it was not an option i voted for the 1978 340 tx. dam they where sweet. however a quit more rough to ride tha the el tigre.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts

was a cat man back in the 70's right up to last year still are close to me....wish I had my Z still...

Rick

1 - 20 of 53 Posts