·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please vote for your favourite trails.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I wish I could have a chance to ride up there.  Does anyone have any pics of what it's like up there?  Thanks!

Midnight Screamer

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i like taking trips up to the stratford listowel area, the trails are easy to put big miles on seems the farmers there don't have cover crops that are affected by winter traffic. the traffic is not heavy like the parry sound area. i was supposed to go to the cochrane timmins area this week but i can't get into the 10 hours plus drive.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The pole doesn't cover the snowmobile meca of the world!..........................TIMMINS COCHRANE SOUTH! but when I leave this area I go to Temagami-Northbay!.........Just watch out for the moose. Moose Magnet can vouch for that! :doh: :0:

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Had a great year here in Parry Sound area. Perfer the north trails up to the Britt area, less travelled. Hope to give the Timmins area a try next year. :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Originally posted by kennypope@May 14 2003, 07:03 PM
The pole doesn't cover the snowmobile meca of the world!..........................TIMMINS COCHRANE SOUTH! but when I leave this area I go to Temagami-Northbay!.........Just watch out for the moose. Moose Magnet can vouch for that! :doh: :0:
I sure as hell not voted for North Bay- Temagami :doh: Timmins Should have It's own area on this poll, after the season and the trail conditions we had. IT WAS AWESOME! Even the intrepid snowmobiler said that we had the best trails in Ontario. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Riding out of south-river, we go north though to northbay, martin-river, Tamagami. Some of the best riding I've seen is around kirkland lake up to George's garage in Matheson then up to Cochrane, then down though timmins back into kirkland. In my view, Chapleau, White river, Herast, anywhere out the east side is overrated. Feels like your on the moon with all the clear cuting and past forest fires.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Live near and enjoy riding the Bancroft area. Old Hastings and Paudash trails are Topnotch. :p Also enjoyed the trails in and around Kirkland Lake this year. It's worth the extended drive once a season to enjoy the trails of the near north. :D

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Originally posted by CORY9@May 14 2003, 07:15 PM
Had a great year here in Parry Sound area. Perfer the north trails up to the Britt area, less travelled. Hope to give the Timmins area a try next year. :D
Cory, the ditch running along 522 west of Lost Channel is sweet :thumbsup:

I didn't vote because I've had fun all over the province. The pipeline north of Pembroke. The powerline east of Hearst. Forest access roads north of Hornepayne. TOP F south of Chapleau is really scenic too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TOP C from Timmins to Smooth Rock has to be ridden to be appreciated. No limits, no fear :D

Close to home, "the maze" is fun too.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
For my favorite riding spots... going with Muskokas!
Bracebridge has everything an Ontario sledder could ever want, flat fast trails, lake rips, tight bush trail... and who could pass up a rip down the pipe line catching air and landing in tons of powder! :D

I do like the late season riding of the north, but an hour in the truck is better then 5+ hours to get to the north country. I perfer more sled miles then truck miles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Where ever I am at that moment. The province has so much to offer.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I thought I'd be the only one to vote for South Western Ontario; we're holding at 14%! :0:

Like Paul Yarek said, great trails, low traffic. Can't beat it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Revrnd, some of us locals call the Top C from Timmins to Smooth Rock "piston alley"....draw your own conclusions! (more than a few high speeders have never completed the journey...I always carry my rope for those Saturdays!) :D :D

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Sudbury/Superior????

Both places are 8hrs apart by car btw :sly: :doh:

Northern Sudbury/Chelmsford/Cartier/Capreol/Sportsman lodge area gets my vote :D

But then again that is the only place I rode in the past 10 yrs :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts