Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rob lyons of {moderators this is not a competeing site} hardcoresledder.com has snow checked an F7 the guy has logged over 20,000 miles in the last 2 seasons, more miles in 2 years on a sled then my wife in her car and i live in the country.  

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is good news....he must have really liked the test drive on the f5...he should be a really good source of information cause of the years of driving and the amount of miles he puts on.I hope he gives the same amount of info to us on the firecats as he does the polaries owners.....if he does he should have one of the best web sites for fircat owners.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wasn't he one of the first to post a "Rode Report"  of the Firecat?  I remember seeing a post on here about some Polaris rider test riding an F5 and singing its praises..... that right there says a lot, for a Polaris guy to sing the praises of another brand.....

As for me, Yes, you are correct, I will be keeping a close eye on that site to see what happens to his sled, as i just ordered an F5 for next year....

·
Registered
85 Posts
He is the world renouned Polaris ridder who was written up in their magazine last winter because of the miles he puts on his sleds.  He has ridden Polaris for 20 years and is swithching to Cat.  That says a lot about his impressions of his Firecat test ride.  He is not going green though, he ordered a red F-7.  Anyone who has not read his ride report should.  It is the best one I have read so far.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob Lyons really will be a great hand for you cat riders with all his tips on what is really wrong with a sled right out of the crate. there are things i have read on his site that i took out in the field and helped with my fellow polaris riders, i have yellow sunglasses and his tips were helpful for me also.  

·
Registered
185 Posts
Paul, I agree with you.....

From what I've seen on his web site, about the different tweaks he made to his Polaris sleds to take care of the TPS and the detonating issues, he sounds rather knowledgeable.

I just hope he is as descriptive and thorough with the Firecat as he was with the Polarii

1 - 6 of 6 Posts