Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feedback on the performance gains/losses after installing a front ski widening kit.  I am thinking of putting a kit on my 99 HO.  

The catalog sale for this kit is around $199, is it worth the money?  Does it help the s2000 chassis handle better with less ski-liftage and less tipsy?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Every thing I have heard about them is good The only thing to think of is if you have 2 sleds   with this setup I dont think they fit on a trailer vary well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
They work great takes the tippy feel out of the mxzs
The MBRP kitwill be 43 1/2 in c to c
I have a kit for your sled for sale!...there is one sleader intrested if doesent want it ...it will still be for sale

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
they work awesome,no drawbacks,try a search there will be some info on it

·
Registered
664 Posts
My buddy put them on his 99 mxz 600, Huge difference. The skis used to come off the ground out of every corner, now when I ride it I can't get ski lift if I tried. GET IT!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put it on my HO along with precision skis and it made a big difference. Try it you'll
probably really like it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I thought my 94fz was lifting the inside ski on the corners to slow the runner wear down
If I did not buy my mach1 last year that kit was going on mine everyone I hear who tried them loves them

·
Registered
227 Posts
hill pounder,
I would like to know also.I put them on with the widening kit.I hope it corners as flat as my buddys 2000 srx

Attachments

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
baddude you will have to let us know how having both workout,the mbrp kit alone works great,maybe one day try without the a.d kit,and see if there is a difference?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like the pics, but how do you get the extra length for the tie-rod ? is there enough adjustment on the threaded rod or another add on piece ?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Friend has the kit on his Mach Z, Handles much better out of the turns but I notice when he puts the sled on his trailer, the ski does ride up onto his wife's MXZ 800 ski. This is a new Triton trailer. He would not be able to trailer to sled with the kit. They will not fit. If you have a older trailer (like me, 1995) your sled will not fit on the trailer with the widening kit, you will have to load one sled backwards. My sled already over laps my wife's ski on this older trailer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bartman,
In the mbrp kit they send you new tie rods.
Baddude

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats it!  I'm sold!  I gonna get me a set.  Thanks for the input.

670FOREVER:  I am interested in your set.  Do you take paypal?  let me know
thanks
Jon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts