Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my sled after a few changes. I painted the grilles yellow, added the yellow flags and should be getting the yellow plastic tubing that goes on the running boards. Whats do you guys think i should add ?  yellow ski's are my next purchase.

·
Registered
333 Posts
looks good, also looks familiar, looks alot like what I rode last year only other thing I had was a yellow skidplate.   And this year I painted my rear bumper yellow too.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
nice ride DanR....yellow skis, yellow edge grips, yellow skidplate and yellow handlebar cover would make her look sweet!!
 :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
A guy that I ride with has what looks like the same sled, what is it '95, '96?  He has the yellow tubes on the running boards & yellow skiis, looks awesome!!!  Go for it!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Geeze paul you are pullin the cobwebs out tonight. That sled was Dan's downfall, when he gets the gade he can put that behind him.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Just a note on a personal preference.
In the past I've always dressed up my sleds with the coloured plastic tubing on the running boards.
My current ride I put on the Skidoo Aluminum Traction strips.
They rivet onto the running boards and cover the rolled lip.
I'm very impressed with the added traction they provide.
I believe the FIII is built on the CK3 Chassis, therefore the yellow ones would be part number 860703400. They sell for $15.97 Cdn.
The chrome ones are part # 861775200. I do think they're more expensive though.
Just another idea for you.

Jeff

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
trailblazer,
i did the same thing and you're right about the traction, no more having to jam my feet up against the back of the pan. those aluminum traction strips look good too.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Lasse this is a old post dug up by Paul,(2001) Chances are the images are not in the server anymore due to a crash. Jeff and Paul all sleds should have grator boards, it is downright dangerous without them. The metal ones from skidoo doo chew up your boots abit especially if you are aggressive. Sno slip makes plastic ones that work really good too but they cost more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts