Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry the title was supposed to be "FIII Race Motor"

Does anyone know what carbs came with the Factory FIII race motor? Doeas anyone
know a lot about these motors (779 block @ 600cc's)?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maluchm: I would suggest calling Scott Miller, he races the minature Formula 1 race cars that use 600 triple Ski-Doo motor in their cars, I've seen these cars race and they are awesome...his phone number is 219-347-2512...he can steer you in the right direction on your motor needs...go to namra.com to see these little screamers you will be amazed...Al.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
maluchum - What you find is that motor you have was built before Doo ever built a 600 tripple. Doo didn't make the motors, McCloud and others just de-stroked the 780s when the new rules for oval racing came out in the early 90s.

Feel free to call Kim, the marina is finally slowing down.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 800MXZ@Oct 10 2002, 08:37 PM
maluchum - What you find is that motor you have was built before Doo ever built a 600 tripple. Doo didn't make the motors, McCloud and others just de-stroked the 780s when the new rules for oval racing came out in the early 90s.

800MXZ - I haven't heard that before. It's a 780 (779) case and head. It's not
sleeved down to a 600. So the individual part #'s for each jug that are stamped
right on the jug (including RH, CNTR and LH) are not Rotax (Ski Doo) part
numbers? ???

I talked to Alan from Union Bay on the phone yesterday and he did agree that it
was a FIII and that he was the one, along with Len Anderson, that put the sled
together for the World Series on ice. Then Kim bought in on the spot at the
race.

Allen - Thanks for the help maybe I'll give him a call to get some info.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
From what I understand is that it is de-stroked and underbored. Talk to Kim and he will give you the details.

It all started out as 780, and ended up 600

Z

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 800MXZ@Oct 10 2002, 03:37 PM

800MXZ,

You need to check your information source. The FIII 600 Race Motor was built in the Ski-Doo Race Shop and was built as a Race Motor for the FIII Racing Series. It was designed as a 600, and It is not a Destroked or sleeved 809 or 780. Not trying to be rude but you need to research your information, before passing it on. But now I am curious, where did you get this Information?

Check with Doo, the can verify what I am telling you.

ZMachMan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts