Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well central IN got about 6 inches of snow yesterday and I got my first ride in. With only 6 inches conditoins were far from ideal but there was enough fields near my house I was able to log 58 miles last night. It sure felt good after almost 12 months without a ride. Hopefully I can get up north before too long.
Anyone else in the area get to ride?

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I know you all in Indiana were way over-due. Let's hope you get even more. :thumbsup: Or, come on up to michigan, West side of the state has plenty !

Snow4

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sounds like a start for the snow sure hope you get more though.....good luck... :D

Rick

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I got to ride on the west central side of Indy. Whe had about 1.5 inches on the ground before the 6 that we got too.
The snow here is way too fluffy and wont pack at all. Makes for some tricky riding.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a really dry fluffy snow. The roads around my place had about 6 inches on them but you went straight to the blacktop and it would pack. It was really weird if you looked back in your tracks it was straight to the blacktop.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It was a really dry fluffy snow. The roads around my place had about 6 inches on them but you went straight to the blacktop and it would pack. It was really weird if you looked back in your tracks it was straight to the blacktop.[/b]
Snow here in wisconsin is ok my budy in minaquia sas trails are in better then good, but you want deep maby michigan. we just have hard packed base here in wi. nothing to deep, still very good riding.Crash dummy

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like we've got a system moving in and they are calling for 8-12 inches of new snow on top of the 6 we already have on the ground. I know this isn't a big deal to most in the north or New York but 12 inches in Indiana is pretty rare anymore.
Man Im starting to get a cough, hope I dont miss work tommorow.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Looks like we've got a system moving in and they are calling for 8-12 inches of new snow on top of the 6 we already have on the ground. I know this isn't a big deal to most in the north or New York but 12 inches in Indiana is pretty rare anymore.
Man Im starting to get a cough, hope I dont miss work tommorow.[/b]

Here's hoping you get all the snow predicted, and another foot just for fun!

You may want to stay home from work tomorrow....I cannot for the life of me understand how going to work will help your cough. :whistling:

Happy trails!

Dr. Duane
:lmao:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Man Im starting to get a cough, hope I dont miss work tommorow.[/b]
My cough got real bad around noon! I allready called off for tomarrow...HEHEHEHE!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
we got 4 in on the groud last week go in 20 miles b4 they closed where i ride now there saying 4 to 12 tonight i got a small fever could b getting worse have to wait till i get up and look outside 2 c if i can make it in to work tomorrow

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
we got 4 in on the groud last week go in 20 miles b4 they closed where i ride now there saying 4 to 12 tonight i got a small fever could b getting worse have to wait till i get up and look outside 2 c if i can make it in to work tomorrow[/b]
Yeah, the roads may be too bad....[attachment=33567:I_dunno.gif]

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we got it. I had 10 inches on the ground last night when I got off work and fired the sled up. I road to a town about 20 miles away and met with some buddies. Besides the snow we had 30 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 40 mph. You can imagine how bad of shapes things are. Rode unitl about 2 :00 AM and when I got home there was an additional 15+ inches on my drive (I had cleared it before the ride.) The roads around my house are drifted shut and I had to power through some drifts that were 5 to 6 foot deep. It was a lond ride home but I made it. I will try to post some pics today but my entire yard is drifted at LEAST 4 foot deep all the way. The news said we got 20 inches that combined with the wind made one heck of a mess. On the way home I have a county road I had to ride about 5 miles to get to my house and it took at least 30 minutes. Heavy snow and zero visibility and huge snoe drifts. Several times I found myself 50 some yards off of the road in a field because there was no way of telling were the roads were even at. Byfar the worst snow conditions I have ever seen in this area.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres a few pics from around my house. My driveway was cleared last night so the snow you see would have been sitting on top of about ten inches had I not cleared it yesterday. As you can see from the shot between the house and garage my backyard is at leat 5 foot deep.

[attachment=33598:pICT0001.JPG]

[attachment=33599:pICT0004.JPG]

[attachment=33600:pICT0007.JPG]

[attachment=33601:pICT0013.JPG]

[attachment=33602:pICT0020.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds to me like all you statesiders are experiencing what we are here!!!! We actually FINALLY had a crazy snowstorm lastnight and it's BEAUTIFUL out!

funny story:

I was in the line up this morning at the coffee shop, waiting my turn for my "fix", big smile plastered across my face. I'm in a great mood cuz we FINALLY got some snow!!! There are probably 5 people in front of me and 5 people behind, at least (if any of you have ever been into a Tim Horton's in the Toronto area, you'll know about the kind of line-ups you've got to wait in to get a coffee around here!) Anyways, a guy 2 people in front of me is whistling and two guys behind me are sounding extra-chirpy too. Everyone else is grumbling to eachother making the typical weather complaints after waking up to a good snowstorm. A woman hears these two guys behind me talking excitedly between them, looks over and says "And what might you 2 be so happy about? You've obviously been outside, it's a mess!" Inside, I already knew before they even answered. "We're SO glad we finally got some good snow! We're heading out on our snowmobiles today!" was their response. This woman just kinda looked at them like they were nuts - at the same time that the whistling guy a little in front of me turns back, puts his thumb up and says "Ya man!".

So there - You can always tell a sledder from an average joe the morning after a good snowfall. We're the ones smiling while everyone else is b*tching and complaining!

CHEERS!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts